Notices

I have relapsed

Old 05-21-2013, 07:01 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Tetra. My heart goes out to you for what you're going through. I've been there too many times - but the last time was it for me. I now have over 5 yrs. sober. That's how I KNOW you can make it out of this.

It's hard to believe we'd ever allow ourselves to go back to that dark place, but many of us have - and come out of it with even more determination. You are not alone in this - as Dee said, please stop beating up and bullying yourself. You can rise up out of this and continue on your path to a wonderful life. Nothing is over - it's a new beginning. Life can still be all you want it to be. Sending love out to you. Never give up.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:19 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Tetra, do you mind me asking, why are they giving you a blood test?

What is the purpose of that and whose suggestion was it?

Keep strong
X
Old 05-21-2013, 08:34 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

A blood test to check my liver function. I have been on and off alcohol and antebuse since 2007. Both of my therapists think I should go to a 28 day centre. One of them is very angry with me. He said we would decide about a centre in two weeks. I am very down.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:07 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
A blood test to check my liver function. I have been on and off alcohol and antebuse since 2007. Both of my therapists think I should go to a 28 day centre. One of them is very angry with me. He said we would decide about a centre in two weeks. I am very down.
Why would he be angry with you? IMO, that is his own issue and he seems to be stressing you out more than he is helping.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:16 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I see, I understand.
I don't think its your therapists remit to be angry with you. Its not his place to feel this. I would tell him how you feel and how everyone else is making you feel.

If you don't want to go to the 28 day place you can tell them this and say no.
If you don't want to take Antebuse you don't have to either.

I think you need to take some control back for you. You need to be in control of your recovery and your family and therapists need to realise you are not a child who has been naughty. You are an adult with a disease.

What do you want to do Tetra?

xx
Old 05-21-2013, 10:45 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I also agree that a therapist being angry with you helps nothing. I am so sorry this happened, but it did and I still stay proud of you.
You have a lot of sober time.You stumbled. It is ok.
I really think you need to move on to a new place.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:09 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Tetra - I know it's hard not to keep beating yourself up, but you need to stop.

D
Yes. Anyway there are enough people doing that for me.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:22 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Well we are here to cheer you on! There is no need to be negative. It is in the past. Let's have a new beginning!
Old 05-23-2013, 08:02 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I'm very down and spend nights crying myself to sleep. The antebuse is making me very tired. I feel like a puppet in my own life - other people are controlling the strings. Thanks to you all for your advice. It helps to know I am not alone x
Old 05-23-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Time means absolutely NOTHING. Why is it that the best writers and most powerful stories are from people and about people in conflict? Because without conflict life would be as interesting as the posters you see on your dentists' ceiling. Nothing is ******, just your perception of things. If you are going to travel and do the things you think would shape your life in an interesting and fulfilling way, your relapse has absolutely nothing to do with the likelihood of those things still happening. Things will work out the way they are supposed to.

Godspeed.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:06 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
I partly blame the bartender who knew I was a recovering alcoholic & served me the first drink. ,.
All I can say is Wow
Old 05-24-2013, 09:48 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hi tetra. How r u doing today? Do try to show yourself at least the kindness you would show a stranger that u met that was going through the same ordeal. We r often way too hard on ourselves. You made a mistake. It is over. Try not to do it again and get on with living your life.