Notices

Day 19 C.A.T.O.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 19 C.A.T.O.

I went 19 days and then faced my biggest fear; the office conference and famed cocktail hour(s). *I was worried about it all day (for weeks actually), which tells me something about myself, and promised myself I would not drink. * When it came time, faced with a room full of new faces, an expectation to mingle and make meaningless small talk, everyone with drinks in hand, and fully stocked bars in every corner, I caved. *I told myself i would just have 2 drinks. *Catastrophe At Take Off. I went to the bar, and then proceeded to take about 10 free pour drinks over 2 hours. *I didn't get wasted, but I had TEN drinks and no fun. *Couldn't sleep worth a crap. Woke up with a blotchy face and a headache.

But now that i have a period of sobriety to compare it to, i think i learned some lessons:*

A. Just because I think I can moderate doesn't make it so.*
B. drinking during stressful events doesnt help much. *The event is still stressful, only I'm buzzed during it, and the next day sucks.
C. I don't think anyone would have noticed or cared if I wasn't drinking. It's not all about me.
D. *On a day to day basis, I definately feel better when I don't drink. *I sleep well, make better, faster decisions, and my speech is more articulate.*

Oh well. Guess I need to keep telling myself all of that.

With head bowed in shame, I'm off to the 24 club . . .*
Old 04-26-2013, 01:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No shame in lessons Sky. Glad you're back and moving forward!

Best Wishes To You!