Notices

How did I get here? :(

Old 03-29-2013, 10:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How did I get here? :(

Hi all, new here. I'm typing with my thumbs on my phone so i dont have the highest quality of writing lol, sorry. But anyway, I have to quit for real, and hoping this board will help. This last year has been terrible! I added it up and I average 8 drinks per day (some days nothing. Other days more). My divorce and other problems were overwhelming. Last week I broke up with the first man I dated since my ex-husband and got laid off work this week. Reasons to drink never end...But it's got to now. I've been making everything worse, so much worse with alcohol and the bad decisions that come with drinking. I also take ambien and neurontin..so alcoholism is extra dangerous. Right now i'm alone at home, can't sleep, feel shaky and scared. I drank a bottle of wine this morning and a 32 oz beer later...I'm female and thin. Ugh, well any encouragement is very welcome. Thankyou for reading.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Please be very careful about mixing alcohol with medication. I almost overdosed a month ago on alcohol and klonopin. I didn't mean to I thought I was fine. I almost died. Are you open to rehab?? Or detox?
Old 03-29-2013, 10:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Drinkin is not going to help & certainly not COMBINING it w/ meds. You're going thru a lot I can imagine so hope u have tight knit network @ hand:either aa or na. You didn't mention if u're in either 1 but do yourself a favour & go to a meeting
Old 03-29-2013, 10:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You know you have a problem, so take the next step and work to fix the problem. Honestly it won't be easy, but that no reason not to do something, and the rewards will be great.

You will find plenty of help and support on this site, so don't beat yourself up too much. Save that energy to work on getting sober. Deep down inside you know you can. I hope you stick around for awhile.