Notices

My greatest resentment.

Old 03-15-2013, 06:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DAB

My greatest resentment.

My greatest resentment was losing control of my drinking to the point where I couldn't drink anymore. I remember sitting in my first meeting and wondering how the hell did I let myself get here?
That was one of the many times I quit drinking just to smooth things over at home. I wrote a song titled Sober Train and the chorus goes like this...
"I'm on the sober train for the love of my wife, I'm on the sober train for the rest of my life, I'm on the sober train traveling closer to you, I'm on the sober train but that's nothing new, no that's nothing new."
The first three lines were my intentions, the last line is reality.
I came to a harsh reality that after enough attempts at smoothing things over, there were so many cracks in the foundation that smoothing things over didn't work anymore. I had to find the root cause of why the foundation always cracked and came to the harsh reality that it was me. I used to think I don't have a drinking problem, they just have a problem with my drinking.
I had to realize that drinking wasn't the cause of my alcoholism, it was only a symtom. I had tear down the old foundation and build a new one from the inside out. I couldn't do it alone, I needed my higher power's help. This is a lifetime commitment and all I seek is progress. Thank you AA, I wouldn't be on this marvelous journey without you.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

Very well said, DAB...thanks for sharing
Old 03-15-2013, 05:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
instant

Great post. Best wishes