Notices

Sorry about this but .....

Old 05-04-2004, 03:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Dan

Re: Sorry about this but .....

You may share your naughties here anytime JC!
Old 05-05-2004, 12:57 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Spiritualist for Fatima

Excellent!!!!! I can only hope to make seven days mate'.....really....I'm just trying to make twenty four hours...congratulations!!!!

Fifty
Old 05-05-2004, 05:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Me2
Paused

The longest journey starts with the first step....and recovery is a journey.Seven days is a good start even if its a spark its obviously fueled by your desire to be free. In my oppinion you need to get plugged into the 12 steps and learn to live them...actually there will become a point when they become so central to your being that the wont seem like steps they will seem like one action....alcohol abuse in my mind is just a symptom of a much greater need...the steps are designed to lead you into that spiritual path. When we cross over that invisible line between normal alcohol use ,commonly called moderation and full blown addiciton it is a dreadful occurrence. If we pursue the new life of sobriety with as much strength as we did in poisening ourselves everyday we can find a real life worth enjoying. I kind of consider alcohol abuse when it gets advanced like a car wreck.....we need to spend time in the recvorery body shop...and allow ourselves to be submissive enough to be adjusted. Sometimes there are dents in our souls that need some heavy work,,,ever been to a body shop and heard the pounding and grinding....you may hear that as you progress...not to worry....soon thereafter comes the paint...and wax...and a shiny new finish. So I think seven days is a good thing...steve