Notices

numbed the pain @ the expense of my liver...

Old 03-09-2013, 09:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

numbed the pain @ the expense of my liver...

every day i think i want to get a grip on this i relate to this...

https://www.vevo.com/watch/miranda-l...t/USRV51300015
Old 03-10-2013, 11:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

no response is the story of my life!!!

thanks so much

reality, me-myself & i...so why give a ****
Old 03-11-2013, 12:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I just think most of us respond better to individual stories than music videos.
I know I do.

what kind of response were you looking for sweepee?

D
Old 03-11-2013, 12:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sweepee, I don't know where you are, but you posted after midnight on a Sunday night in the States in the East coast, so it was one of the lowest times to pick to post for quick feedback. Also, I don't often play videos on my phone because it drains this old battery. But you might want to think about why you chose to feel individually rejected, rather then looking for an alternative explanation for not getting the prompt reply you expected?

Regarding your topic in general, it is a timely one for me. In about six hours I have to appear at a morning pre funeral viewing. The deceased man was a high functioning man in his mid 50s who worked at the same employer all his adult life. He went to the ER for shoulder pain. Ended up in emergency surgery for internal esophageal bleeding. Ended up on a vent. They could not treat other systems failing because his liver was shot and couldnt process medicine. He went on a transplant list. This all happened over about two weeks. He died.

He was known for drinking heavily every night. I met him at several weddings, as he is a Brother and an Uncle respectively to two close family friends. He was fun and vibrant. But always drunk by the wedding's end. He abhorred Drs and never went. If he had, it probably would've saved him as liver function test results would've seen all this coming.

But then again, that doesn't mean he would've stopped drinking. And he may have abhorred Drs so he didnt have to face things. His family is shocked and devastasted.

I haven't looked at your video. The viewing this morning is all I need. Alcohol kills and I know I could easily have been this man.

Ironically before I quit drinking, people were trying to fix the two of us up. I thought even then i shouldnt date such a heavy drinker. Even though i was a heavy daily drinker too! Then I quit drinking and dating him clearly was not an option. It all chills me.

It is a tale I thought I would share. If it helps one person then I should share it.

I hope you come back and share your story with us.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

Hi sweepee, I am the same in regards to videos, quotes, excerpts from books, etc. I don't identify. We all have music, books, saying, quotes, etc. that inspire us, or remind us of what we have gone through. Personal stuff. I have mine.

I think what has been said is alongside my thinking - hearing someone else's truth, not filtered through another person or artist, is where we truly connect with others. If I hear your story through you and you alone, I can relate.

Why don't you tell us what is going on. This would no doubt get more responses and start a dialogue going.