Notices

My First Doctors Appointment...

Old 03-08-2013, 04:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My First Doctors Appointment...

Well I finally broke down and made my first doctors appointment 2 days ago. I ordered a CBC (Complete Blood Count) and a Live Function Test. Worried about the cost I decided to go with the CBC first.

I found out after a while I was low in Vitamin B-12 (Maybe just B in general), and low in Iron. Not really sure what that means, but she also said my H/L was kind of high so she sent it off to be tested further in a lab. Which kind of worries me... H/L has to deal with liver correct?

Well she prescribed me something for abdominal pain, and Zoloft (100 MG) for depression and anxiety issues.

I think I made a mistake taking the Zoloft today at full dose, because my blood pressure raised 140/106 which got me really concerned. I called the nurse at her office, told them how I was feeling, and they ended up sending 'First Responders' out to my house. Which basically told me starting these meds caused me to have a panic attack, which knowing this I declined going to the hospital.

It has already been to this point, but I feel like I am knocking at deaths door and not really sure what to do anymore. I mean I looked for a detox facility in my area, but the only one we had closed down years ago. Only other option is Voc. Rehab... and honestly I can not go through that again...
Old 03-08-2013, 05:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think we can put the Zoloft incident in the "stuff happens" basket since I've freaked out on SSRIs before too. They will eventually kick in and hopefully help you out.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mfsteve1 View Post
I think we can put the Zoloft incident in the "stuff happens" basket since I've freaked out on SSRIs before too. They will eventually kick in and hopefully help you out.
I really hope so, because it scared me so bad... I am unsure if I want to take them anymore. Maybe break them in half for a while if I do. I read online that 100 MG is a-lot for a-lot of people to start out on. I'm only 139 lbs about lol.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So are you still drinking? Or are you self-detoxing right now? I used to get panicky like that, then went to the dr. and got meds, and still had high anxiety. I ended up eventually going through such bad withdrawls I had to go to the ER and treatment. Zoloft, Klonipin, Prozac, you name it - nothing helped, in fact it only enhanced my problems.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
So are you still drinking? Or are you self-detoxing right now? I used to get panicky like that, then went to the dr. and got meds, and still had high anxiety. I ended up eventually going through such bad withdrawls I had to go to the ER and treatment. Zoloft, Klonipin, Prozac, you name it - nothing helped, in fact it only enhanced my problems.
Yeah I broke down and picked up again

I have dealt with anxiety and depression issues since I was a child. I will start detoxing soon again, but atm just couldn't handle all this. As I mentioned earlier they do not have any detox places here close, except for voc. rehab. I do not think I am that bad as to where withdrawal symptoms would pose a threat. Plus last time I went to E.R. about overdosing on alcohol... they gave me some fluids via I.V. and marked my case as alcohol abuse, then sent me on my way with no other check ups.

I'm not drinking atm though, but thinking about taking two of my pain pills and going to bed. At-least that way if something happens... maybe I won't feel no pain.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The H/L is your cholesteral and not your liver function I think.
Liver Panel (Hepatic Panel) Liver Testing
Mine were high, high, high almost 3 months ago. Have not gone back to be retested after my job loss and the Dr said he would not retest for 6 months anyhow.
I don't have pain issues and SSRI's do really bad things to my brain - worse than booze - and I can't take them.
My BP was super high too - way over yours, but came down within days after stopping the booze and some fairly mild BP pills.
I hope you feel better soon - please seek help if you need to!
Old 03-08-2013, 06:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by noanxtime View Post
The H/L is your cholesteral and not your liver function I think.
Liver Panel (Hepatic Panel) Liver Testing
Mine were high, high, high almost 3 months ago. Have not gone back to be retested after my job loss and the Dr said he would not retest for 6 months anyhow.
I don't have pain issues and SSRI's do really bad things to my brain - worse than booze - and I can't take them.
My BP was super high too - way over yours, but came down within days after stopping the booze and some fairly mild BP pills.
I hope you feel better soon - please seek help if you need to!
I hope so. That makes me wonder though, if she was performing a CBC, if she also tested/looked for liver enzymes in my blood work. I am one of those types of people... I just worry a-lot. Not having the best insurance... I end up googling a-lot... and realize that google is not the best answer or source.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberhope1984 View Post
I really hope so, because it scared me so bad... I am unsure if I want to take them anymore. Maybe break them in half for a while if I do. I read online that 100 MG is a-lot for a-lot of people to start out on. I'm only 139 lbs about lol.
I does seem rather high but that might be a normal course with that particular flavor of SSRI. They're all a little different. Plus you've got other things going on so what's well tolerated for others might be a bit rough for you.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Don't google if you can help it! You can freak yourself out even more - like I did - when you don't need to. Even when I had insurance - it was still kind of crappy and I am paying for some tests I didn't think I needed in the first place. My Dr was 'ruling out' the various versions of hepatitis even after I told him I drank - a lot. Of course those tests were all negative and he felt he still needed to order them due to an unknown increase of Hep in age groups - 40+ who have no real risk factors otherwise.
If your Dr orders the Hepatitis panels - don't freak about that either, if you are of that age group. I'm glad I went to the Dr even though I put it off for years!
Old 03-08-2013, 07:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

@mfsteve1: Yeah I am going to try breaking them in half tomorrow and see how it makes me feel. Would try breaking it in 3rds, but that becomes harder lol.

@noanxtime: Yeah I need to stay away from google for a while. Might try staying away from my computer all together lol. I told the doc I still drank some, and admitted it was no where close to what I use to drink. I even admitted suicide attempts in the past trying to use sleeping pills which had that acetaminophen in them... you know the stuff when taking in doses to high, can cause liver damage.