Notices

Hey this is what I expect!

Old 03-06-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hey this is what I expect!

HI and welcome to the New folks to SR!!

Today I have a choice of how I view life. Is the cup half full or half empty......

Often the reason I feel hurt or angry is because the people in my life are not responding the way I expect them too........

I had to learn to be honest with myself about my expectations - Like everyone is gonna like me and everyone is gonna understand me and everyone should feel sorry for me and everyone is gonna do what I want them to, and I am always gonna be happy! Really deek?

How self-centered could I be. I need to grow up and I have just a bit but I didn't start doing that until I put the drink down, stopped acting out in other forms of escape and got busy putting effort into working the steps of this program.......

I had to stop fighting this program and get busy......

I was setting myself up to be a victim......

I had to start listening to others in the program and talking to my sponsor.Because my expectations were controlling my life.....

I started a job last week and I am not as good at it as I expected. So my attitude slipped and I was getting negative today and whining and then I remember how worthless I felt when I did not have a job and how grateful I felt when I got this job.

I may not be the best at it, it may not be the best job, but I really need to be grateful I have a job in this world we are living in.

It's always good to remember where my alcoholism took me and where I was not so long ago, I need to stop having such high expectations,stop whining and complaining and be grateful for the good things that are going on on my life. It could always be worse.

I sometimes forget where I was less than 2 years ago sitting in a nursing home for 2 months paralyzed and in a psych ward prior to that for 32 days, I really start to take my life for granted and think I have a right to complain but I really do not. I am truly blessed today.

Have a Good Day!

Expectations
Reprinted With Permission from World Services*
From The Big Book......

"My serenity is inversely proportional
to my expectations.
The higher my expectations of other people are,
the lower is my serenity.
I can watch my serenity level rise
when I discard my expectations.
But then my 'rights' try to move in,
and they, too, can force my serenity level down.......
I have to discard my 'rights,'
as well as my expectations, by asking myself,
'How important is it, really?......
How important is it compared to my serenity,
my emotional sobriety?'.........
And when I place more value on my serenity and sobriety
than on anything else,
I can maintain them at a higher level--
at least for the time being."
Alcoholics Anonymous, 3rd Edition p. 452.......

Old 03-07-2013, 04:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Stay positive and good things will come