Notices

Drinking with pain pills

Old 02-25-2013, 09:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Drinking with pain pills

Drinking while on pain pills tonight. Husband was frusterated at our daughter tonight over homework. I tried to tell him to just let jer blow and go, then she will exhaust herself and calm down. He does t listen. I got between the two of them to stop whatever might happen. he finally went into the other room. She is 16 . The stress of that got to me.
I dont know what to do other than use and drink my pain away.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

the trouble with doing that is it doesn't solve the problem of your husband or your daughter, and it reinforces the idea that using and drinking is a viable solution for stress - and we know it's not.

Plus I dunno about you but my pain was amazingly resilient - even if I did make it go away for a little bit it always came back tenfold because I drunk and used.

Can you think of any other ways to deal with the stress KO?

D
Old 02-25-2013, 10:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

I'm very concerned that you are mixing pain med's and alcohol together. The effect can be deadly and often is than not .

Stick around here at SR: vent, read, post or even play the arcade games, whatever it takes to lessen the damage you are doing to yourself and family.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

just a quick note that im alive and ok. husband was talking about leaving, will just have to wait and see how things go.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by krazynoklahoma View Post
just a quick note that im alive and ok. husband was talking about leaving, will just have to wait and see how things go.
Oh how I wish you can work things out with your husband. Stick around here in this forum and you will get a lot of support.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

While it may take the stress off of you for a short bit, it certainly doesn't add to the situation. I can imagine a teenager not only annoyed at a parent for taking to them to task about their homework, but also having a parent drink over it. I can imagine the stress on them is also difficult.

There are other ways we can deal with stress that don't involve picking up...and needless to say, the combo of booze and pills has come to many a horrible conclusion.

I tried killing pain for 25 years, and it didn't work. It just made things worse.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Sorry about the tough situation, but also great comments about it. It's amazing how we make every situation about us. The stress you are putting on your daughter should be noted. She shouldn't have to be put in that situation. But, drinking over it isn't going to change the fact that the situation still occurred. It only blocks out the pain temporarily, and the original problem is still there to deal with when you sober up, if you sober up. For me, I wasn't able to deal with any of these issues because I was in a cycle of killing the pain with more booze, and then receiving more pain, then killing the pain.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

I can relate totally to the stress and frustration that you're feeling. Hang in there, and try to find a way to get past it without hurting yourself.