Notices

CarolD

Old 02-22-2013, 09:32 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

I am very saddened by this. Carol was the first to greet me.
Rest in peace sweet Carol.
Andrew
Old 02-26-2013, 08:00 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

I haven't posted in a long while, but I still come back to read.
Today I actually wondered to myself where CarolID's posts were, as she was always one of the first to welcome newcomers, and had a lot of really good sound advice...I respected her greatly.
Rest in peace, Carol.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:48 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Oh my dear God...how did I miss this? I only check in every now and again, but this, although late, has shattered me.

God bless Carol D. I saved every single one of her PM's because they were always so encouraging. She was the saving grace to so many of us, and I bet she knew that going in...God...I'll miss her terribly. She was there every step of my sobriety...

How did I miss this??? Goddamn me sometimes...
Old 02-26-2013, 05:57 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

How sad to read about Carol's death. I found her words to be consistently supportive and inspiring. She cared about all of us, no doubt.

Her death and the corresponding sadness I feel…that many of us feel...really speaks to the power of the SR community.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:39 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

I am sorry to hear of Carol's passing. She was a tremendous support to SR and will be missed.

Rest in peace Carol.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:46 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Oh I am so sorry to hear this. Rest peacefully, Carol D.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:43 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

RIP Carol. Thank you for sharing. Thanks for your wisdom. You were and will remain, a shining beacon of hope, here at SR.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:02 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
orangutan

I only just found this thread and I am so very sorry to hear this ,I have wondered where Carol was . I am totally shocked and saddened by this news.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:30 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Unhappy ...

Carol's ... gone? I didn't talk to her nearly enough ... but ... she ... died? I heard a couple years ago she was going blind because of ... something and that she would continue to be on SR through some program that would enable her to do her ... duties she loved so much here.

I think about how she was always ... so darn happy ... and so open to people, and all her smileys... I just found this out actually from an instant message with another SR member and ... well here comes my waterworks which I will not share with you all but I just ... I feel so stupid ... that I didn't know ... of all people, me, I didn't know that she passed, that makes me feel worse than most...

I am so, so truly sorry to her AA group, her SR family, and her own family. I really, truly ... am
Old 03-04-2013, 02:14 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
c49
Its time for bed

Wow I am glad she is at peace now but She will be missed.

I just saw this now and I am shocked and glad for her that she touched so many including myself. I can honestly say that I have been so busy lately living a great sober life because of people like her who took the time to share what works with us in the early days of our fragile sobriety. I have been doing my best to pass on her wisdom with meetings that I have started attending 6 months ago in addition to reading/posting here in my ever fewer spare moments of time. My great recovery has people like her to be thanked for it

There are some big shoes to fill around here. Rest in Peace CarolD ))
Old 03-04-2013, 02:29 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  
formerly IMHomerSimpson

RIP my endless helper, I know you will be there with open arms when my day comes. I always knew my rants would get at least 1 reply when I came here on and off for the past 10 years. Thank you and you will be missed. I am sad you never got to see me recover but sure you are watching down at me.

Patrick
Old 03-13-2013, 11:21 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

My heart sank when I saw the title of this thread. Though she never seemed frail (far from it), I knew that her health was deteriorating.

My favourite CarolD moment was learning from her. She posted this extremely graphic account of a typical day during her drinking career (not unlike anybody else's I'm sure). I decided to ask her about it, and she simply said that doing this every so often kept her humble (there's an AA term for this, I think).

She gave me great advice a few times - plenty of times, I should say.

She didn't take herself too seriously

Rest, Carol, it's good to know you achieved lasting peace while you were still here.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:31 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear. I've seen her around here a lot when I've been lurking and she was the first person who replied to my first thread which was a cry for help in 2011. A lot has happened and I have been aware of her position in the forum so it's a great loss.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:49 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

I need to add this. I've been thinking about Carol a lot, reading many of her posts... I was struck by just how much she *did* with her life, she lived to the max, despite her various ailments, addiction and challenges. One can only admire her. Her loss is palpable here.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:36 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Trying to Enjoy Life Now

Wow, I missed this somehow. She welcomed me on my first day (and one of my darkest) with open arms and without judgement. You'll be missed by many Carol. Thank you.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:25 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Like some of the others, I haven't been on very much lately. When I was last posting I had noted her absence and inquired about her. I found out she had hurt her shoulder and was having a hard time posting one handed.

To see this posting and realizing that she is gone is like a punch in the gut. Carol was truly an inspiration and she lived and breathed this forum. I can't count how many PMs I got from her when someone new was on and hurting and asking me to check on them. She really cared about all of us, whether she knew all of us or not.

I have a philosophy regarding those who I love who are no longer here in the flesh and it goes like this. As long as we carry the memories of our loved one with us they are never truly gone. So CarolD lives on in my heart and mind. I love you lady and hope to meet you when it is time for my big A.A. meeting in the sky!

With love, respect and gratitude,
Kellye
Old 03-20-2013, 12:01 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

oh no! I am so so sad to read this. dear sweet Carol RIP. you were special.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:55 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Pure Radio Rental

I, too, have been away for awhile, and just found this. I am heartfully sorry but hope she is at peace.
I always enjoyed reading her posts, her positivity and depth was so inspiring.
I always felt she was "the boss" around here...

I hope you are still able to interact with us somehow, Carol....

Peace always.

D.D.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:35 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Oh my ... the world has lost a very special person who was a light to us all in some dark times and she certainly has left it a better place having touched so many lives including mine.

She was both wise and kind to all she met on life's path especially here on SR ...

she will be missed.

Thanks CarolD.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:42 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am very touched by the number of posts and tributes to CarolD that have come here. I know she is smiling down on each of us and she lives in my heart every day.

I miss you Carol, I always will.