Notices

Had it for a minute then....

Old 02-12-2013, 05:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Had it for a minute then....

I had it for 7 days..was doing OK very irritable and shaky but I knew I had it…and then all heck broke loose. As usual I can’t deal with the curves that are thrown to me.

What happened:

Man’s brand new 2013 freightliner breaks down. I have to go pick him up in another city that’s a 2 hour drive from here. It’s pouring down rain and I hate to drive. I’m babysitting the youngest grandchild while daughter is at school and I have no car seat here she has it in my car so I can’t leave until she gets home which puts me out driving at night to boot. I get this done with no problems. Felt good about myself for a minute, and then find out it’s going to take 4 days to fix truck...this means no pay check next week, I worry about that for a while then get over it call bill collectors let them know I will be late..No problem I’m in good standing.

Truck gets fixed take man back to truck. ( Which cost quite a bit in gas)

Yea!!! He’s on the road again making money. Then I check my email and my insurance company took out 211.00 for payment based on me adding my grandson who just turned 15 and got his learners permit to drive. I had a long conversation with a representative before I even added him, who said it would not cost anything until he turned 16.

Oppps! I’m sorry they say our mistake we thought he was a licensed driver. It will take 12 days to reimburse you. So how is it that I’m getting no pay check this week and they want to take 12 days to reimburse me. Yes right now for the first time in 30 years I am living pay check to pay check.

On top of that when he gets in his truck his gps will not work and that thing cost 400 dollars, there’s no way we can replace it right now and he deserves to have it to make his life easier He’s the one making the money so we can all eat and sleep in comfort.

This is only the tip of the iceberg that hit me this week.

There’s more about grandson going to visit his dad because we insisted that if daughter live here she enforce child support which she did so now they have to visit per court orders and she has to drive them half way which is a good hours drive from here..(more gas money) for his measly 77 dollars a week. So he visits him and dad buys him a phone (so he can call him when ever he wants to) . Then after the fact he tells him that daughter has to buy half the minutes on phone. Grandson knows this can’t happen so he comes home and throws phone on floor and says he can have it back I don’t want it. He’s upset and we all take a few hours to calm him down and explain life to him and expectations and who you can really count on .

This is the kind of stuff that makes me drink and I know I’m not supposed to be posting all the “woe is me crap” but I’m letting it out in hopes that I can get over it and move on…. yet again.

Sorry for the rant and all but I do feel better, kind of, sort of…………………

Old 02-12-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This is exactly what we are here for!
Anyone who is struggling to stay sober with life throwing poo at them understands.
By the way, drink costs money, so don't drink!!!! Ha!
Keep on truckin'.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

By the way, drink costs money, so don't drink!!!! Ha!
This I know,I appreciate that you remind me ..and a 6 pack is another gallon of gas down the road.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

The really great thing is you had 7 days

Life can be rough - it's especially hard when your only coping strategy is to drink...you've proven you can be sober...now you have to work on finding other ways to deal with the stresses and crises that life brings...

I really think you're getting somewhere exauhsted
D
Old 02-12-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hope so Dee, I really hope so..I think so... but I let myself down.

And yet another worry to add to my list... ya know.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is not a one time pass/fail deal - sometimes it takes a few run ups to finally clear the fence

D
Old 02-12-2013, 06:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Next time, vent before you drink, not after. Might help.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
Next time, vent before you drink, not after. Might help.
Good point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-13-2013, 04:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

For me, I find myself complaining and stressing about things that most of the world would be glad to have.
I've got a roof over my head, food to eat, etc.
I don't mean that the bills aren't important....just that when the stress consumes us to the point that we're miserable, maybe we should step back and count our blessings.
All the best.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Exhausted - I just posted a positive message blog there may be some encouragement for you or you may find it to be a bunch of hooey. Take what you want and leave the rest.