Notices

Im Boring !

Old 01-09-2013, 09:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
where the light is

You really are responsible for your own happiness. You make the choices.

I spend a lot of the time alone on the road and most nights I hit the gym, play on the internet, shop, people watch...whatever. Other nights I just hang out in my room. Not too many people get breaks in a nice hotel with all expenses covered. Enjoy it!
Old 01-09-2013, 09:44 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey, I got an idea. Why don't you take us with you. Go out to places, even if it is the local market, whatever. Take pictures, post them here. I've never been to India, would sure love to see some of it.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It sounds like you're measuring the opportunity by someone else's yardstick about what you "should" be doing. Maybe you could find another activity that would be a good use of three free days that you normally wouldn't have the chance to do. How about reading a novel that's been on your list for a while? Or I bet your 5 star hotel has a spa, three straight days of massages and scrubs sounds good to me! Take the time to be a little kind to yourself.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:41 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I understand how you feel about being boring. If I was in India or any new locale, I would want to sample food! Or shop.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:58 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks guys for the kind words. Im going to take a trip to Kerala tomorrow. Looks really boring there, long sandy beaches, elephants, backwater canals and over-priced hotels, but what the hell, it has to be less boring than this concrete jungle of town.

went for a massage today as suggested, got undressed and into some paper underpants as left on the massage table, laid down then a knock on the door and some Indian guy is stood there with a bottle of oil -- i just said to him "what do you think your doing, massage?", reply: "yes sir..", my reply "I dont think so, no chance, please send woman"

lol

So much for the massage idea.