Notices

Worst thing you've done while drunk?

Old 12-22-2012, 08:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Worst thing you've done while drunk?

For me it was I punched holes throughout the doors of the house and punched in a lightswitch and my elderly father started crying over it and he wasn't one to easily burst into tears, most disgusting experience of my life now that he has passed away.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

ahhhh....the drunkaloges
Old 12-22-2012, 12:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

There isn't enough bandwidth to list them all.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Ill talk about it with my sponsor.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Everything I did while intoxicated. It made me selfish,careless,full of self pride. Hurt a lot of others,including myself.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
2 detoxes down, 0 to go

I drove drunk many, many times, sometimes with one eye closed to make the double vision stop. Of all the things I regret about my drinking career, that's #1.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So many many incidents scattered about over the past 3o years. They where in my "wasted life".

Different life now.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

It's not relavent to being an alcoholic. There is the harmless closet alcoholic who never breaks the law, through to the murderer and everything in between. We have a common problem, we can't control our drinking, and we have a common solution in AA, the 12 steps, but we don't have common stories.

Certainly our stories are useful, in a general way, to help the newcomer diagnose his condition, but once we know what the problem is, the solution is what is needed.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
For me it was I punched holes throughout the doors of the house and punched in a lightswitch and my elderly father started crying over it and he wasn't one to easily burst into tears, most disgusting experience of my life now that he has passed away.
I'm sorry you have that memory. All you can do now is forgive yourself and help others. Your post has helped me. Thank you so much for your honesty.

As a father, I think I know how he felt... please know that no matter what you did, your Dad loved you. Sure, you hurt him but he loved you. Things like that are forgiven.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

As a recovered alcoholic through the 12 steps, looking back I have done some pretty regretful and shameful things. Ranging from almost burning down the house, threatening people with knives, not to even mention the verbal and emotional abuse to those around me. It was a very different, chaotic life.

I am glad I don't have to do that anymore. Through the Grace of God and the steps of AA, I have been restored to sanity and am recovered from a hopeless state of mind and body.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I got drunk at work, kept drinking on the way home, blacked out and drove into a telephone poll and flipped my jeep. I didn't hit anyone, thank God, and I had one scratch on my neck from the seat belt.

Oh, and I lost my job.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:17 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Unfortunately I would guess some of the same horrible things as many others here. But I'm going to focus on what positive things I've done since I found sobriety last March. However, I still need to look in the rear view mirror now an again just to be sure I never end up there again. So I keep looking up because the only thing for me at the bottom of a bottle is the bottom.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:27 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

the worse thing i did when i was drunk was, decided to have another drink
Old 12-23-2012, 11:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I think it's OK to remember the negatives - but not to focus on them. They're over, never to be revisited. At my AA meetings, most who share do share the bad stuff - and end with the good stuff.

For me, some bad stuff:

#1 - Relapsed horribly after jaundice and liver failure, and a two year sobriety.

#2 - Driving drunk many times, thinking I was not only fine to do so, but that I was in fact a better driver because I was more relaxed... Oh, and the much deserved Dui I finally got and all the humiliation and cost that went with it.

#3 - Drunk at work, passed out in bathroom, slipped off toilet, banged head .. found on floor, pants down.

#4 - Unsure what day it was, and whether a.m. or p.m.

For some reason, the above stand out in my mind, although there were more. Good stuff: I always drank alone, and no one new I had a real "problem" until I was found out. After a brief relapse, being "busted" in Oct. this year at work and on the road was a blessing. Today, 2.5 months sober, AA, counselling, family support, good bill of health (phew).
Old 12-23-2012, 11:29 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

This is not constructive for me to go down this road. At some point it is much more than an amusing anecdote, and can be life altering.

What are you doing now for your sobriety?
Old 12-23-2012, 12:47 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

I think this topic will be hit or miss. Some may argue that it is useless to bring up past drunken incidents while others (which I agree with) will argue that it lets others know that they are not alone in their drunken antics. I find the "how it was" part of a speaker meeting to be very important. A good low bottom with lots of crazy stories gets my attention & I can very much relate to. But to answer the OP's question? It was a 3 day bender where I didn't eat or sleep & ended up in jail (for a while) with serious legal charges. I won't get into it but I will say much more serious than a dui.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:53 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Originally Posted by raja12 View Post
Everything I did while intoxicated. It made me selfish,careless,full of self pride. Hurt a lot of others,including myself.
That pretty much sums it up for me! I went out at 2 in the morning countless times to get smokes. I don't remember going.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:01 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I woke up in a garage with no shirt on, in the middle of the afternoon. I had to walk into my friend's house in a blanket to ask her mom for a ride home, she didn't even know there had been a party the night before! I had vomit and urine on me. It was the most miserable, embarrassing day.. I'm just lucky I blacked out the whole night, apparently I was a terrible wreck, shouting and crying.

Needless to say, that friend of mine is no longer a friend. Because of me.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:50 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I think this question does help some. I feel so alone in my guilt and shame for the things i have done while drunk that it does make me feel a little less of a horrible person to know that other people have also made the same mistakes. My biggest regret is assaulting my brother in front of my mom after which I was carted off to jail for the night. My brother hasn't spoken to me since.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:53 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Posting on this forum.