Notices

Something weird happened

Old 12-16-2012, 02:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Something weird happened

2011/2012 marked two years where I have finally gone into the heavy drinking category. Binge drinking. Morning drinking. Drinking hard liquor every day. Wasting a bottle every other day or two nonsense.

I've wasted close to $300 on alcohol alone this year.

I've been drinking so hard this year that is is unfathomable that I wasn't thinking about drinking but something weird happened; I completely forgot about alcohol for three days.

I was so immersed in some holiday project that I forgot all about drinking. How can that be? I had a full bottle of Whiskey sitting right there in plain sight but I didn't even bottle to reach for it.

For three days, I woke up bright and I woke up feeling wonderful. How did I not go into any withdrawals?

After that three day of non-drinking, I never got back to drinking heavily. I usually waste a whole 750 ML within two days and I've been wasting it and drinking it for the good part of the year.

Every single day.

I find that when I do things with families, I tend not to think about drinking. When my mind is occupied and I'm doing something, I tend not to care about drinking.

The only time I do care about drinking is when I'm alone in the room or if I'm playing online games.

Online games was the main reason why I am a heavy drinker.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

So are you looking to quit?
Old 12-16-2012, 07:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

I bet it was more than 300 bucks....
Old 12-16-2012, 08:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Joybot View Post
Wanna bet?
Old 12-16-2012, 08:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

The amount of money I spent on booze is very small compared to the cost of the consequences from drinking & benders. Crashed cars, dui's, public drinking "tickets", close to $100,000
in unpaid hospital bills, lost cell phones ect... But the biggest loss was the self-respect I had for myself & others.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I assume that "$300" was a typo. That would describe my weekly consumption during my worst drinking days.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
I assume that "$300" was a typo. That would describe my weekly consumption during my worst drinking days.
It prob was a typo. But overall alcohol is pretty cheap compared to illegal type drugs.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Joybot View Post
2011/2012 marked two years where I have finally gone into the heavy drinking category. Binge drinking. Morning drinking. Drinking hard liquor every day. Wasting a bottle every other day or two nonsense.

I've wasted close to $300 on alcohol alone this year.

I've been drinking so hard this year that is is unfathomable that I wasn't thinking about drinking but something weird happened; I completely forgot about alcohol for three days.

I was so immersed in some holiday project that I forgot all about drinking. How can that be? I had a full bottle of Whiskey sitting right there in plain sight but I didn't even bottle to reach for it.

For three days, I woke up bright and I woke up feeling wonderful. How did I not go into any withdrawals?

After that three day of non-drinking, I never got back to drinking heavily. I usually waste a whole 750 ML within two days and I've been wasting it and drinking it for the good part of the year.

Every single day.

I find that when I do things with families, I tend not to think about drinking. When my mind is occupied and I'm doing something, I tend not to care about drinking.

The only time I do care about drinking is when I'm alone in the room or if I'm playing online games.

Hi Joybot,

So I go back to the question Paul99 asked---"are you looking to quit?"

If so might wanna check out the on line "Gaming Addiction". That has become the newest addiction ---I have a lot of friends whose children had brilliant futures at wonderful colleges and wasted it by "on line games".
They can be VERY addictive.