Notices

My new view on alcohol!!!

Old 12-16-2012, 10:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I can do anything!!!

My new view on alcohol!!!

I know a lot of us have been struggling with quitting and relapsing and then doing it over again. I thought I would always miss alcohol and long for a drink the rest of my life. So many things have changed since I decided I needed to quit. I decided about a year ago that I needed to change. It took a long time but I have made so much progress. So many small changes to my thinking/drinking pattern. I may not have much time being sober but I believe the way I have been working at it is the only way that will get me to long term sobriety. Last year at this time, I was going out every weekend and every Tuesday and Thursday night. I always went to the same places and just got drunk. I hated myself, had zero self esteem, and was hungover ALL the time. I have not been to any of those bars in at least a month now. I have no desire to see those people or be in that setting. Last night I had easy access to alcohol and I took advantage. I had one glass of wine but I did not really want it. Out of learned response, I went and bought a bottle. Normally I would have gone at it right away. I did not want to drink. I had no desire but something told me I had to (its what I know). I made a drink and it took me over an hour to finish. I gave the bottle to my sister. It was just not good. I did not like the feeling or the taste. I hope that this continues. Everyone's recovery is different but I think that we can all reach out goals, we just have to keep on working at it good luck to everyone!!! Go packers!!!!
Old 12-16-2012, 11:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Interesting. I hope, for you, it continues also...this distaste for alcohol. If you really don't like the feeling or the taste of alcohol, next time maybe just have a soda. Best wishes!
Old 12-16-2012, 12:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

congrats on day 1!!