Notices

Lack Of Sympathy For Others......

Old 12-26-2012, 08:01 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by BaclToSquareOne
If you could invent a gauge that measured bottled up anger I wonder what you'd find in the world in which we live.
Reminds me of Eckhart Tolle's concept of the "pain body" and the "collective pain body".

Just, people have different responses to different things. "Compassion" is kind of subjective really if you think about it. What one thinks is a "heartless" response to something can be viewed as a perfectly valid response to another. What is it about your level of compassion that you think should change and why? (that's rhetorical).

But yeah I do believe that depression can definitely manifest with anger. Like BTSO said, there is tons written on the subject of anger. I have gained most from writings with a Buddhist slant. I find it effective to view anger not as a "bad" emotion necessarily, or one that I could or should completely rid myself of, but as simply an emotion like all of them that can be managed effectively.