Notices

Withdrawls at 3 weeks?

Old 11-23-2012, 02:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Withdrawls at 3 weeks?

Hi I was wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar to this. Tommorow will be 3 weeks sober for me. I figured because Im not drinking and taking multivitamin and a liver cleanser as well and trying to eat fairly healthy except for the extra sugar that my overall health would be better. Last week I got a massive blister on my face. I usually get these blisters on my lip once a year but never this severe and never on my face. Also these last few days I have had a lot of muscle pain all over my body and horrible sinus. Usually I rarely ever get sick and my immune system is strong even when Im drinking heavily. Also these past few weeks Im so tired and lethargic like I cant pull myself to do anything but lay in my room and stew about my thoughts. Some positives are my digestion is much healthier and my sex drive has increasec alot. Had trouble sleeping for the first week but doing ok now. Anyone with some of the negative or positive symptoms I described?
Old 11-23-2012, 02:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Recovering alcoholic

I had an 8 day librium course and found I couldn't sleep properly after that, a month down the line it started getting better. With the aches and pains it could be a sign of something else, usually withdrawal takes 5-10 days but it can take longer for other people. I don't think you are withdrawing as such in a physical aspect, maybe pshycologically the alcohol has been playing havoc with your CNS and it could be mind over matter.. I hope you feel better soon.

Well done for the 3 weeks way to go!
Old 11-23-2012, 02:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It sounds like a bad cold or the flu? Not everything is alcohol related, it is the season to get sick.. As for the cold sore on your lip i would go to the pharmacy and try abreva otc med.
congrats on your 3 weeks.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh sorry, the blister is not on your lip, but its the same type? If it doesnt heal get it checked by your doctor.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

I agree with Fandy - sometimes we just get sick.

Having said that, I found that after the poisons and toxins got out of my system, my non-medical opinion of myself was that my immune system was probably spent trying to fight all the crap I put in my body, so it was a bit more open to viruses, etc.

Keep up the healthy lifestyle, eat well, sleep well, exercise...that's all you can do after all the ravages of alcohol!

congrats on your 3 weeks!
Old 11-23-2012, 06:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

and wash your hands!

seriously if it's affecting your sinuses it's probably just a rinal virus...as for the cold sore, it's herpes simplex and a lot of people have this in their bodies, i dont know what you can do about it except ask your doctor or pharmacist. i've read that a few people complained about an sudden onset of facial acne.

your body is flushing out a lot toxins you've had built up. i don't know what kind of liver detoxifyer you have been taking but you might want to stop it for a week to see if it clears up the outbreak too.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It takes quite a while for all the nasties to be removed from your body. You may be experiencing these things because your body is healing and the symptoms are your body's way of getting rid of the toxins. Also, like mentioned above, you could just be sick. Either way Im sure you will feel better soon.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

llastchance

The simple fact is none of us are Drs - all we can do here is speculate (& we shouldn't even be doing that - the OP asked for personal experience...and I'd remind everyone of the medical advice rule).

If you want real answers - please see your Dr.

D
Old 11-23-2012, 02:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am on day 7 and have been experiencing a bit of bad skin too.

As for your boil, if it is herpes, these are my experiences; I also have herpes (that was nothing to do with the drinking though), and have outbreaks occassionally. While these are mainly limited to genitals and lips, I sometimes get them in less regular places like at the top of my out thigh, or on my chin. As far as I can work out, herpes travels up the nerve channels, so anywhere you have nerves (everywhere), you can have an outbreak.

As others have said, we are not doctors, and I am not sure why I get outbreaks in certain places, but those are my experiences right there.

I also know from experience, that if I am really tired / run down (which is a big part of detox, as we all know), I am more likely to get an outbreak.