Notices

Good news :3

Old 11-21-2012, 05:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good news :3

Managed to stop drinking in the day, but still drinking at night, suppose its a bit of improvement...
Old 11-21-2012, 05:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm glad you are making progress!

What is your plan to stop completely?
Old 11-21-2012, 05:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have no idea.....
Old 11-21-2012, 05:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good job on that! Improvement should always be commended. I do strongly suggest you come up with a good plan for the rest of it though!
Support, lifesyle change, coping skills.....everyone has their own path and plan to sobriety. I keep saying this a lot lately, but I have learned to tweak my plan as necessary as I learn along the way.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

still feeling like rubbish in the day though..
Old 11-21-2012, 09:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

yea that is what i did stopped drinking during the day. but i found my self drinking more at night. once again i stopped drinking. i am on day 2 on not drinking. i am getting nervous at times.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Its the nausea and vomiting that I really struggle to cope with, also the anxiety is hard to overcome..
Old 11-21-2012, 09:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thats a big step to stop drinking during the day. But I hope you don't save it for the night time and drink far more during the evening. I had to stop cold turkey myself. I was binge drinking for 4 days straight with no food or water and little sleep and I'm a diabetic! I almost died too and if I didn't stop and decided to drink for day 5... I'm sure I would have died because I was getting sick and still drinking after getting sick and I filled 2 large garbage bags of sickness for a whole day. My insides were burning in pain and I had to force eat myself in order to live because my sugar level was acutely low.

In the end it is all worth it when you quit for good. I am a year and 3 months sober now and I have never been able to do so without the help of this site and even AA. Though AA isn't for everyone... it helped me and I truly believe had I not gone to AA... I wouldn't be here typing this out to you. Keep on getting that stronghold on not wanting to drink anymore. It's a rough road but if you manage to quit.... you'll look back and see how much trouble you were in and then you will feel so grateful to be sober TODAY. it's a one day at a time thing... if you can go by that each day then you'll do just fine... if you are struggling and want to drink... call a friend... call a family member... do something to occupy your mind away from drinking. It sounds hard but over time you will manage it Good luck! Keep us posted on your progress and congrats on not drinking during the day! Thats a good step in the right direction! But word of advice. If your a daily drinker and you've been doing it for years. Work slowly because you can get the DT's and sometimes they can be deadly if your just stopping cold turkey... I was lucky.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I used to drink in the day to but knew i had to stop drinking in the day as it wasnt pratical so i found a way round it its like i give myself permission to drink after 6pm its ok its after 6 i havent started drinking early so im ok, but ive found i will drink just as much or more any way, i have learnt it doesnt matter when you drink your still drinking, and one leads to another and another ect, the key is to stop drinking altogether, but why is this so hard, i want to stop i really do. I got to day three, had a drink last night, yesturday i noticed i was becomming very irratable and very grummpy, angry and snappy, i was actualy craving alcohol. in the end i gave in, but i already knew i would because yesturday was payday.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Albmwman, it is still early....you will begin to feel better, especially when you stop for good . I suggest eating well, drinking lots of water, and possible vitamins and minerals, and excercise....those things helped me a LOT.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Albmwman, any improvement is FANTASTIC.