Notices

What a nice afternoon!

Old 11-11-2012, 01:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What a nice afternoon!

My father and have been shooting pool together since I was about 12 and we had an old, not very good pool table in the basement. I'm 50 now and we still go out once in awhile and shoot a few games.

Today I called him to see if he wanted to hit the pool hall and he said sure. Then I asked him if he wanted to go to a meeting and he was up for that too. My dad's had problems with alcohol in the past, has gone to AA in the past but was never really into it heavily. He quit drinking a few years ago and doesn't seem to miss it much.

Anyway, he came over, we had coffee and talked for awhile, went and shot pool (I won...as usual) and went to the meeting.

It was a double speaker meeting and the funny thing was the speakers were mother and son. Real family day today.

Anyway, after feeling kinda bad for myself lately, I really lived in the moment today and realized how incredibly lucky I am to have the relationship I do with my Dad and for that, I am grateful.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

That's wonderful to hear, John. I'm sure your dad was very grateful to spend that quality time with you, too.