Notices

Yup its an Addiction

Old 10-31-2012, 07:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Yup its an Addiction

I've been trying to convince myself that I'm not addicted to it and that I can manage it. Well, lets just say its day 1 again... .

I thought about it a lot this morning, and for some reason smoking came to mind. Then I remembered, I smoke a cigar about once every 3 to 6 months or so. I for the most part do not crave it, can enjoy one whenever and not have to worry about getting hooked to it. Thats when it occurred to me...

Everyone I know that drinks in moderation is able to do the same thing I'm able to do with cigars. However, IM NOT! So after being a turd last night, I'm starting over again. Thats what that little voice in my head did to me last night

Starting over again, wish me luck!
Old 10-31-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back skyhawker

so whats your plan - what do you plan to do differently this time?

D
Old 10-31-2012, 07:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

For me to quit...it took work...change ...and AA.
No luck involved.

Instead I'll wish you clairty of mind
Old 10-31-2012, 07:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

so whats your plan - what do you plan to do differently this time?
Do what I did all those other nights. Not let the voice get the better of me. Idk why, but last night was weird. I'm going to ask mom not to leave open containers of wine around. That is what started me to consider a drink. I saw an opened bottle with plenty left in it. I then decided "Yeah I'll have one" and then you know what happened after that....

Last week and part of this week I didn't have much of a problem with the craving other than the first couple days of not drinking. "Out of sight out of mind" worked well prior. I guess its sorta like putting a drop of blood in a tank with sharks. They don't get too angry until they catch a wiff of what they crave.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You can do it.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm happy that you're commiting to being sober
It will be hard, but don't give up!
You can do this!
Old 10-31-2012, 08:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I think it's really hard when alcohol still appeals to us. When it still looks good.

I hope the day comes when you see it for what it is.

Unfortunately, it takes us beating ourselves up so many times before we really get how bad it is for us and stop.

We keep trying to find a way to drink.

And then someday...we find we went to the store and shopped and came home and it never occured to us to buy alcohol.

Or, we can have it around us, and it has lost it's appeal. We don't care. We aren't driven to drink anymore.

It happens.

I pray it happens for you.

Like Carol said...we have our part to do. We must do the work. Take the action daily, to put into practice a new way of living.

There is so much that we can do.

So much great information, and direction given to us by the program of AA, by members, ...it's endless, when we seek it.

Be encouraged!

PS...you know I was just thinking I left God out. It's not only about me being good and doing the work.

I think God helps!

Old 10-31-2012, 08:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Do what I did all those other nights.
Well...maybe you'll have better results but doing what I did last time, just trying harder, never worked for me, SH.

Why not think of things you can add to what you've been doing - there's a lot of support here and elsewhere...

why not stack the deck in your favour, make some real changes and really make this your time to turn things round?

D