Notices

Unfair Consequences From Alcoholism...

Old 10-23-2012, 08:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Unfair Consequences From Alcoholism...

So I just found out I have to have the awful alcohol machine monitor for an extra 1-2 months. It is totally unfair & not sure why it is being extended. I have to talk to my "big city slick" lawyer to find out the details. Of course, I could still smoke cocaine or pop pills and be able to drive with the machine. I feel the paperwork & hoops I have had to jump through through this DUI stuff is absurd. Why not just revoke a persons drivers license for life when they get a 2nd DUI? Why does it take 4 DUI's to revoke it for life?? Why do I know someone who has 7 DUI's and only received a 3yr prison sentence & got out in a little over 1yr???
Old 10-23-2012, 08:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Dont mean to state the obvious, but who got the DUI? Its time to pay the piper, my friend.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The interlock system for your car does suck! I never had one but my friend did. In the winter she would have to sit on the breath piece just to warm it up so the car would start. I Know here in Colorado the laws are pretty strict about dui's. I have one, it's mandatory 10 days and jail, 18 months probation, classes, community service, interlock, sr-22, oh my gosh and the fines . I have no idea how my lawyer got me out of the Interlock, but I got hit pretty hard with everything else. It's been two and a half years since I got mine. One thing I learned as I BSed my way through my classes, was one Colorado is strict. two EVERY case is different, What happens to me and what I was sentenced to the guy sitting next to me might have it worse. Three, I hate to say this, but I think DUI is a huge money maker for the state. More people drink, then do the harder drugs. you could pull anyone over randomly during a friday night and I bet after about three you'll find someone intoxicated.

How long is have you had the interlock system? what's another couple months? I Know it sucks, but look on the bright side it's almost over!
Old 10-23-2012, 08:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

JF1, what's so awful about the machine? You're not drinking, right? You danced, now youre paying the band. Be grateful it's just a machine in your car and not a grave in a cemertary you parked yourself or worse, someone else in. Take some pride in cleaning up the the wreckage of your past.

Love from Lenina
Old 10-23-2012, 09:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

In my experience, in my personal experience, consequences are often random, unpredictable and inexplicable. Sorry, but there is only one thing we can do....

Deal with it.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well, you could have killed some people. Would you think that would have been unfair?
Quit with the poor me attitude. Your problem is in the mirror.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I don't post much here but this one really got me. I believe this is a joke. It just has to be.

electrichotpink
I Know it sucks, but look on the bright side it's almost over

NO NO NOOOO, the bright side is that no one was killed, and that's no joke.

Good grief
Old 10-23-2012, 11:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

it may seem unfair, but it is one of the consequences of our actions. the poeple who order the blow-n- goes to be intalled dont look at it as if its fair. they do it to prtect the rest of the population.
look at it this way:
if you are truly honest and serious about recovery, then wheres the problem?
and,yes, those blow-n-goes can go off with mind and mood altering substances like cocaine and pills. there re also consequences if a person tries and manipulates that.
here is my experience:
i had to go do a breathalizer twice a week for a year after my 2nd DUI. cost $20/pop. when the year was up, i was ordered to pee in a cup. guess what? the pot i had been smokin was detected and had to pee in a cup and do a breathalizer twice a week for a year!! can ya believe they didt trust me? lookin back, i can see why they didnt trust me. i wasnt the 1st alcoholic/addict they dealt with.
my sponsor is retired now but worked in the probation dept where he lives for some time. he had a man come in with his paperwork showing he had been at meetings. when my sponsor looked at the paperwork, he said," i see you attend the tuesday night meeting at ______. its rather funny as i have been in AA for over 20 years and thats the meeting i chair and i dont recall you being there." the consequences of the mans actions led to a drug test and 3 hots and a cot for a while.

just, youve put in a lot of footwork and it has been awesome to see the lightbulbs goin on for ya. if you look at it, the time youve had to deal with the blow-n-go has prolly gone by pretty quick. 2 months will fly by and be done with before ya know it and since yer living an honest life free of drugs and alcohol now, you really shouldnt have a problem with it.
now, i know it sucks to have to fork out the money for it, but i would be willing to bet that accepting it will help ya get some serenty and peace back.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yeah, it costs a lot to pay for the consequences of a DUI. Does that not deter you from wanting to drink? What if you had killed someone while you were driving drunk? You would be facing a long time behind bars. At least you have your freedom.

Sometimes it really helps to focus on what you have to be grateful for. Start with these: you aren't in jail. You still get to drive. You get to drive a car with an interlock device that won't let you drive while drunk so you won't endanger yourself or others.

Good luck to you!
Old 10-23-2012, 11:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Sr is not a site dedicated to members legal problems.
Talk to your lawyer for that.

This topic is over and done ..it's closed.

We have members who have lost loved ones over drunk driving.
Please be considerate of others when you begin a topic

Thanks!.