Notices

I Really Want To Drink Today

Old 10-11-2012, 01:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

First congrats on your 90 days.

Second, this is the advice I get from a lot of recovering alcoholics - play the tape to the end every time you think of drinking. I remember all the times I drank heavily, how that ended.

I also try and follow the advice and counsel in the Big Book - I find it gives me strength not only to not drink, but not hate or resent, learn to live life on life's terms and trust in my Higher Power to take care of my difficulties.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

If you don't drink, everything is possible. If you do drink, nothing is possible. I had to say that to myself many times over in early sobriety. xx
Old 10-12-2012, 05:43 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

90 days is a great achievement, congrats for that. Please do not get easily tempted, be strong to maintain a good routine. It is up to you if you really want to drink, be sure to have a limitation, but the best thing to do is to endure and really avoid it for the meantime.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:14 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LifeBlows View Post
Good things:
- I have not missed a single class now that I'm sober.
- I've lost some weight, not as much as I need to but its finally going in the right direction.
- I'm in a much better space financially.
- I've not missed a single day of work.
- My boss says I'm a hard worker.
Sounds like you're doing much better for yourself.

Amazing how that poison can try to convince you it's worth giving up the good things you mentioned to drink that ****.

Work hard at your job. Maybe get promoted. It will get you more money and look good on a resume.

A year or two from now when you look back, you're not gonna think "damn, wish I'd have been smashed, gotten fired and failed all my classes!". You'll be in an even better spot than you are now: dealing with sobriety easier, have more money, closer to a better job, and overall happier with yourself and your life.

My sober date is June 17th. It's getting easier every day. Don't **** away the last three months. One day at a time, you'll get there.

Keep it up. You know you have to, and you know you can.