Notices

Holy Triggers Batman!

Old 09-29-2012, 08:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Holy Triggers Batman!

I'm house- and dog-sitting for my parents and I'm having a hard time. I forgot how much I used to drink here whenever I would dog-sit in the past. And the dogs...Oh God do they stink!! I gave them baths the first night here, and it kind of helped, but I still find myself choking on the smell. They've got double coats, so I must not have washed them well enough. Poor things.

Then there's the acohol here. My mom likes her wine. And they've got a full liquor cabinet too. I've put all the liquor behind wooden doors so I can't see it, draped sheets over the wine racks and put away her used wine glass she left out on the counter. But I know it's all still there.

THEN I was looking for a bandaid for my toe last night and found multiple bottles of pills. Pills I used to steal from them, and I was a mess after that.

THEN I couldn't get their blasted TV to work. Boredom and frustration aren't a great mix for anyone, let alone an alcoholic stuck in a house with stinky dogs and tons of booze!

THEN I stayed up till 11 waiting for my husband to get done with work and text me goodnight...waiting...waiting... I will say, he didn't tell me he was going to text me goodnight, he just always does whenever I'm out of town or away from the house. So I called him and was a total b-word. I was sullen, curt and downright nasty. When I found out he had called another one of his friends during work, I just felt overwhelmed by feelings of not being wanted. Of being out of sight, out of mind. I broke down and cried.

Then the stinky dogs and I went to bed, because nothing good happens after 11 pm!

Thanks for reading, it helps knowing I'm not alone. I'll talk with my sponsor this morning, but it's nice to reach out here too. Hope everyone's having a good, sober weekend.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well this does not sound like very much fun. Good to hide the alcohol, no need for that to be staring you in the face.
Boredom is tough. The mind, left untended, can be very dangerous. Any way someone can help you with the tv? Can you rent movies?

Hang in there. No idea how long you'll be in this situation, but it will come to an end. In the meantime, play computer games or keep posting on here. Go in the chat room, that can eat up a few hours.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Mega
Sorry to know of this stressful situation...prayers your sobriety continues
Old 09-30-2012, 12:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks ladies, I know this situation isn't much compared to some things, but I think (for me anyway) that relapses are made up of lots of little things left untended. I got some help with the tv and finally just sucked it up on the odor situation. And I'm going to have to be conveniently busy next time I'm asked to dog-sit for them