Notices

Needing some support and friends!

Old 09-29-2012, 01:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Needing some support and friends!

Hello!

I'm here because I am not sure where to start! I started drinking heavily when my daughter was born (she is two now). It started off socially with my parents, but then they started to realize I was drinking WAY more than them. So they stopped putting it in the house. My drug of choice is wine. I would buy those big 5 liter boxes and go through it within two days. I have tried to stop several times, but have found myself making excuses. I am also in an awful court battle with my ex because he was abusive and I have filed a protective order but in case he appeals it I need to be clean! I went to the doctor and got some muscle relaxers for my severe body pain I have and some medicine for my bad anxiety. And yesterday was day 1 of my sobriety. This is day two and still doing okay! I would just like some friends I could maybe email with! I would love to have some support and some people who understand and I wouid also love to help others. I am 24 btw!
Old 09-29-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I found sobriety, sanity and serenity in Alcoholics Anonymous.

Please Google and read AA's "The Doctors Opinion". "How It Works" and "The Promises of Alcoholics Anonymous". See if you can identify.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 09-29-2012, 03:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi and Welcome to our recovery community...

Thanks for joining us ...many here are winning over alcohol
and yes! you can too....

Blessings to you your daughter and parents
Old 09-29-2012, 04:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome, Determined! You are now part of a wonderful community. We all care about you and understand what you're going through.

It's so hard to admit that the thing we used for comfort has become like poison to us. I spent so many years trying to drink socially, but it was never a possibility for me. I'm glad you've recognized what drinking is doing to your life. Be proud of yourself for recognizing what needs to be done.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
AA member

Welcome to SR.Glad you are here.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Determined to Live,

Great start to a new life! Please keep posting and sharing your journey to sobriety... and I also echo the rest that the best thing you could do for yourself is start checking out AA meetings! Try more than one location until you find a group you feel comfortable with...

AA is a great place to meet people who are also living alcohol free, find support and learn how to best protect your sober life and get "tools' to insure you don't pick up again.

If you ask for a temporary sponsor you will have someone to help you through this very important early part of your new life and introduce you to the steps.

Good luck...
Old 09-30-2012, 12:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Determined! You'll find lots of support and help here! My chosen program of recovery is AA, and there are other programs that you can check out too. I think the best thing about following a program is that you're not doing it alone. You need to surround yourself with support.

All the best to you!