Notices

Been a LONG time guys..

Old 10-09-2012, 09:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey guys. Well have not drank since I posted here (pretty amazing to me lol) but been a hard week or more. I did go to two meeting the past week, were hard and did not speak at them, but took a big step for me to at least do it again.

Still having issues dealing with going back to meetings/AA.....and hate the fact that I'm back to sqaure one again. But I'm trying, and posting here about it again, so hope I'm on the right track again.

Steve
Old 10-09-2012, 09:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Steve. I remember you as well. Had a couple of AWOL events myself. Glad we are both back again now though. We never know how many more chances we get so let's make it stick this time. Glad you are here.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey Steve,
Welcome back! I had a lot of memory issues for the first year PAWS. You might remember
I also quit smokes and alcohol at the same time. I missed this thread until now. Man I am proud for you! We all know where you are. All I can say is that you have a choice. I hope you choose life like I did.

Thank you so much for posting bud. It reminds those of us that are still sober after all these years, to paraphrase Paul Simon, that one drink can be the end only if we let it. I know I'd be dead now had I not escaped by the skin of my teeth.

Stay with us.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:24 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

hi steve. welcome back. i hope you stick around. you helped me in my early days on here. I am still sround sometimes on and off. The good thing is havent had a drink since february 2011....... So staying aaround definitly helped me
Old 10-10-2012, 08:28 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hi DayWalker glad you found your way back and hope you decide to stick around.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:35 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

glad you found your way back. Don't feel bad because you clearly have the ability to accomplish things that you set your mind to. Just because you haven't got this under control yet doesn't mean that you never will.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:26 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi Steve,
I remember you!
Going back to meetings is a good step.
Nobody there will judge.
Few are lucky enough to get it first go.
I started in AA in 2006 and will (hopefully) have 2 years on October 22nd.
It can be done.
With the help of the man above, a few good sober friends, SR and your awesome willpower, I think you have a pretty good shot!