Notices

Starting New Job Tomorrow

Old 09-23-2012, 04:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Starting New Job Tomorrow

Which will be on my 3rd day with no alcohol.

Alcohol ruined my life in many ways, and I knew I had to do something before things got so bad financially my wife and kids may have had to move in with her mother. After my last night of heavy drinking, I went out to a job interview while hung over. I got the job on the spot! I am anxious enough about the new job, but even more about still being in the process of detoxing while orientating to a new job.

I don't think the job is going to be expecting much out of me anyway tomorrow, but it is still quite a predicament considering how horrible I have felt the last 2 days. That is a story in itself for which some of you are familiar from another post of mine. Thanks again for all the support from everyone, and any advice will be appreciated of course!!!
Old 09-23-2012, 05:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I would like to add that this job interview came as a total surprise out of nowhere from a company whom I did not send my information, so the interview was done on pretty short notice to say the least!!! As a matter of fact I don't even know how many drinks I had in me when I got the email notice to come in the next day!!! I have not been sober in years, and I know I need to stick this out for my family. I LOVE THEM!!!
Old 09-23-2012, 05:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hopefully your first few days will be filled with human resources paperwork, setting up a computer for you, all that easy administrative stuff. I dont know how you've been feeling, but if anyone asks, you can always say you have a touch of the flu.
Good luck. Won't it be nice started a job sober?
Old 09-23-2012, 05:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pipparina View Post
Hopefully your first few days will be filled with human resources paperwork, setting up a computer for you, all that easy administrative stuff. I dont know how you've been feeling, but if anyone asks, you can always say you have a touch of the flu.
Good luck. Won't it be nice started a job sober?
Yes it will. Starting over in more ways than one!
Old 09-23-2012, 07:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Griffman View Post
I have not been sober in years, and I know I need to stick this out for my family. I LOVE THEM!!!
You've got a great attitude man, and I think that one huge benefit of the new job might be that it will keep your mind occupied and off of drinking. I know that the busier I am, the less I think about a drink.

Best of luck.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations and best of luck Griffman
Old 09-23-2012, 07:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

This is so great to read, good for you! I agree, just say you're getting over an illness or whatever if anyone asks. B vitamins and a good quality omega oils supplement can't hurt. Congrats & have a good first week!
Old 09-23-2012, 08:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Having a hard time going to sleep so wanted to check in and say thanks again to all. Took a melatonin and some magnesium citrate supplement to relax. Got my alarm clock set. Good night.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats on the job. best wishes
Old 09-23-2012, 09:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Even non drinkers are often nervous about new jobs.
Prayers for your peace going out...
Old 09-24-2012, 12:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well guess what? I went home for lunch today from the new job as it is only 5 miles away from my apartment. Got there and started feeling absolutely horrible! Ultra-paralyzing tired, dizzy, throat hurting, can't think at all. So tired I felt like I couldn't even drive a car safely. I said there is no way I can make it back in today. Impossible. So I called the manager and told him I was not feeling well and he was totally understanding! He told me just to get some rest and he will see me tomorrow. This is my third day off alcohol. I thought I was over the hump, but it hit me hard today. Thankfully the manager was very kind.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

are you under a doctor's care?
Old 09-24-2012, 01:20 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pipparina View Post
are you under a doctor's care?
No pipparina. No health insurance.