Notices

In a huge mess because of my drinking

Old 09-10-2012, 05:35 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

This is why I suggested you block her from your phone.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:06 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by onlythetruth View Post
No....no contact, no matter what she says or does. Trust me on this Slaytallideth. I am a female and was a young, immature female once. Total silence. She WILL live, I promise you. And if you drink, you're only hurting yourself and not helping the situation one little bit.

By the way, you've got more than one support program to choose from, and you can use elements of more than one program if you like. SMART, for example, has meetings in Baltimore, and at least two meetings every day through the website.
Well I haven't answered her yet and I think you are right. I'm not gonna block her because that might be too harsh, but I'm also not even going to respond. I told her how it had to be, and she knows. I mean, I guess the good thing is it never progressed past the message stage. So hopefully I'm in the clear. But, thank you for that idea. I think you are 100% right.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:16 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
Slay, I am the mom of a 14-year old girl who would tell you she's 16 if she thought she could get your interest. She might show those texts to her girlfriends, but I doubt it! She would keep those as her secret treasure to prove to herself she is alluring and interesting.

And I would tell her (have told her!) that there is something seriously not right about interest from a 21-year old man. She would think I don't understand, that I just don't see how grown she is, as clearly evidenced by the fact that a grown man "really sees" her.

I know you said you are cutting off contact with her, but I am here to reinforce this with you. If you haven't already said so straight out, the last bit of communication should be "I had no business doing what I did. It was inappropriate and wrong and I just want you to know that this is the last time I will communicate with you. I''m truly sorry." Then set her number to ring directly to voice mail and delete all texts and voice mails before you read/listen to them.

You sound like a nice guy, compassionate and decent (when you're not drunk). She may react very emotionally to what you have said/done. Believe me, this is totally normal. And if you're not used to dealing with adolescent girls, you may be convinced this is the end of the world for her. I have three girls and it's taken me years to understand that the most recent hurt IS the end of the world, right this moment. But tomorrow is some new trauma/drama.

Hopefully it will all blow over and you will follow through on making changes that will prevent you from repeating this mess.
I know the drama with teenage girls, so I know how ridiculous they can be at times. My sisters were crazy at that age haha. I've tried to tell her a millions times (while sober) how I wish her the best in life and support her and all that, but she needs to hang with people her own age. She constantly tells me how mature she is (which is a load of bs) and how I'm the only one that gets her. Plus, the guy who used to be my friend and is her ex is 20 so it's not like he's innocent either ( and I know for a fact they went "all the way" so to speak when she was 15 which is illegal and something I would never do). I never would have met her if not for him. Not placing the blame elsewhere, just frustrating. She purposely tries to catch me at my weakest moments. I can't delete the messages as they are on Facebook, but I am cutting off contact with her. I just don't want to get in trouble for one stupid thing.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:11 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

I just hope I don't see you on that show with Chris Hanson jumping out & asking you "what did you plan on doing?" I hope she doesn't have any older brothers. The thing you should focus on though is that you are in this position because of booze.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:18 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Al-anon WSO is a page on Facebook you can "like" and receive hope on your fb feed.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:18 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I've done a ton of researching today and I am 95% sure I did nothing wrong legally. So now that that is out of the way, time to work on getting sober
Old 09-10-2012, 08:21 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAndAble View Post
Now that the situation with the girl seems to be resolved, do you still want to talk about this? Because it sounds to me like maybe the problem isn't the situation with her, or even those embarrassing messages. Possible those are just symptoms of the real problem? I gotta tell you, there's more where that came from, and worse...
I think so... I need help. I literally want to, and will, drink 24 hours a day if given the chance. I will tip the alcohol buyer whatever it takes to get my 30 pack. My trunk in my car is filled with empty 30 packs. I can drink one in about a day and half. It's embarrassing really. I'm going to be 21 in about two weeks and I have a bad feeling it will all be downhill from there.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Yikes. You are only 20 and already have a huge tolerance. A 30pack in a day and a half is a lot. I assume you do not get withdrawals yet? Trust me when I say at the level of drinking you eventually will. I "partied" in my 20's and destroyed my life in my 30's with booze. Try a few meetings before you turn 21.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:00 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
Yikes. You are only 20 and already have a huge tolerance. A 30pack in a day and a half is a lot. I assume you do not get withdrawals yet? Trust me when I say at the level of drinking you eventually will. I "partied" in my 20's and destroyed my life in my 30's with booze. Try a few meetings before you turn 21.
I don't know, I get cravings haha. I did find a use for alcohol today, though. If you get really drunk and then get a sober friend to push you through brutal amounts of exercise you can't feel the pain as much so you push harder. I feel like this might be the first time I've constructively used alcohol in my life.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:28 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Sally1009

Do you mean you have relapsed?
Old 09-10-2012, 04:36 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sally1009 View Post
Do you mean you have relapsed?
Yeah kinda but I put it to good use this time at least.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:54 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Member of SMART Recovery

Originally Posted by Slaytallideth View Post
Yeah kinda but I put it to good use this time at least.
Er...exercising to levels you couldn't handle sober is not a "good use" of alcohol, it's a way to get badly injured.

Just sayin.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:25 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Slaytallideth
you get really drunk and then get a sober friend to push you through brutal amounts of exercise you can't feel the pain as much so you push harder.
I'm aware of the phenomenon. I've gone swimming after drinking a 6 of extra-strong beer on more than one occasion, and indeed it's easier to ignore tiredness and be more aggressive.

However, my overall physical shape never improved while drinking. Nor did my swimming, and I was doing it daily to balance out all the beer calories. Alcohol upsets your metabolism so that you accumulate less muscle and burn less fat while processing it.

Look it up. Trust me, beer is neither a performance-enhancing drug nor a health drink...
Old 09-10-2012, 06:25 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Slaytallideth View Post
I don't know, I get cravings haha. I did find a use for alcohol today, though. If you get really drunk and then get a sober friend to push you through brutal amounts of exercise you can't feel the pain as much so you push harder. I feel like this might be the first time I've constructively used alcohol in my life.
IMO, its not constructive. its insane.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:34 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

As far as I'm concerned exercising & getting drunk is like drinking and driving. They don't mix. You can drown swimming or run some one over drunk as a skunk on a bike. You can even get a Bicycling Under the Influence. Alcohol also dehydrates you & the exercising could cause dangerous blood pressure.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:15 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I give up. I'm in full blown relapse. I figure it will kill me in a few years anyways so it's whatever.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:31 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Don't give up.

It won't kill you if you don't let it.

You can be sober. You can lead a fulfilling life free from alcohol. You're young and you have your whole life ahead of you. You can be whoever you want to be and do whatever you want to do.

All it takes is a decision and a commitment, Slaytallideath. You don't have to do it any longer.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:37 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

"If you get really drunk and then get a sober friend to push you"

If you like "sober people to push you" then read the posts above. There is a whole group trying to "push you" to a sober, better, meaningful life. The type of life that many have worked for.

Don't give up on being sober. May sound strange but you need to fight for it by surrending. Get help. Attend AA, or SMART, or study AVRT or whatever real, face-to-face help that you need to save your life.

Dying from alcohol is not an easy road. Many of us have seen it up close. It is often slow and painful. Maybe even worse is the many lives that you affect and screw up along the way. That is a tough burden to carry regardless of whether you live or die. You don't want to go there.

If you need a push then I am pushing. GET HELP!
Old 09-11-2012, 09:51 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Nevermind, I don't honk I am an alcoholic. So I recreate posting to
L this. Larry. I won't come back and ruin your forum. I'm such a loser Nevermind.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

^^ well that's embarrassing. Guess i do have a problem :/