Notices

Day 4

Old 09-07-2012, 10:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Day 4

I'm on Day 4 (this time) and finally decided on joining this community instead of just reading from the sidelines. After Labor Day weekend, a non-stop drinking fest which included drinking and driving, kids in tow, on Saturday and an entire bottle of wine while I cooked breakfast on Sunday, I threw in the towel. I was a wreck on Tuesday. I made it to work, but thankfully was not interupted at my desk at all. I couldn't eat, my hands were shaking, I was sweating like crazy, and by Tuesday night, I had tremors and couldn't sleep. Wednesday was better, but definitely not great. Most of the time, by Day 3, I'm feeling much better...and somehow so much worse because I manage to block out the horrific behavior, and the horrific crash, guilt, and shame that follows. Usually, by Day 3, I'm ready to get back in the saddle and have another go at it. But I made it through Day 3. I am officially on Day 4, and I am not going to drink today. I am worried about the weekend. I know, one day at a time, but I am still worried. I honestly don't remember, even when I was (pretending to be) in AA, the last time that I made it through a weekend without drinking. I hope I can find the strength to get through.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hi sobrietygrl4 ,
Welcome , you'll find support on here from lots of people with a veriety of ways of maintaining sobriety.
It's a real good sign to be putting your voice out there/here to get support takes a lot of courage .
You might find it good to post on his thread with other newcomers :-
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...2012-a-12.html

as they are going through simalar things , also posting in the new comers area will mean that people will notice and give support , not that you wont get it in this section ,

3 days done and dusted

Bestwishes, M
Old 09-07-2012, 10:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Sobrietygrl4 - lots of help here for you to grab on to.

Great job on Day 4

Lord, just for today, help me to stay away from the first drink. Just today.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR sobrietygrl4

There's a ton of support and ideas here - I really recommend you plug yourself in here - read and post as much as you like over the weekend

You can do this
D
Old 09-07-2012, 07:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Me too day 4!!! We can do this girl!!!!!!!!!!!

I am determined to get through this weekend without a drink!!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2012, 11:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

sobrietygrl4 ...

Thanks for decideing to share on the posting part of SR
Try to think of this weekend as being your first sober weekend
as you move into solid recovery.

Yes you too can win over alcohol...
Old 09-07-2012, 11:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Wifi,,,Welcome to our recovery community...

Forward is always the correct direction..
Old 09-08-2012, 05:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sobrietygrl4 View Post
I honestly don't remember, even when I was (pretending to be) in AA, the last time that I made it through a weekend without drinking. I hope I can find the strength to get through.
It works better when you don't pretend....Be strong this weekend!
Old 09-08-2012, 08:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
~sb

Try to start living in this moment. Don't drink for this minute, move on with your day.

You can get through the weekend one minute at a time and learn by practicing to be in this moment in time...
Old 09-08-2012, 09:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome Sobrietygrl4 - I'm on day 26 and in the past hadn't made it past day 9, usually fell backwards around day 4 or 5 so I can totally relate. Those early feelings that you can "handle" a drink, or you just want "one" drink are the old you, the over confident you. The strong you, the caring you really wants to stop drinking.

Try to take extreme care of yourself.

I found that eating better, I couldn't eat the first few days either, what I did choose to eat was of even more importance to fuel my body. Higher content of veggies and good fats and protiens. I've gone to a green smoothie in the morning. Bananas are good to replenish vitamins that have been depleted during binges.

Taking long hot baths and scrubbing your skin helps with circulation and with releasing toxins as well as they just feel good!

Drink TONS of water to flush your kidneys and liver functions.

Sleeping seems like an issue for most in the early days, I did take Melatonin or a sleeping aid during the beginning so I wasn't over tired which can lead to a weaker resolve.

If you can, get out an walk or exercise even if it's just 30 minutes a day. It takes your mind to a different place and helps with circulation and sweating out the bad toxins.

Try to reduce your stress until you feel stronger. I realize with kids, job, household this is hard, but try to let the little stuff go.

Do something nice for yourself, a reward if you will. Get a mani/pedi or get your hair done. Meet a friend for coffee, whatever makes you feel special.

You can do it, best of luck and keep us posted.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Your story sounds so much like mine. I couldn't remember a weekend without wine. I always cooked with a glass in my hand, and was also guilty of driving buzzed with my children. Here I am on day 20......and I feel amazing. If I can make it through almost a month of weekends so far, you can too!