Notices

peed on the floor

Old 09-07-2012, 10:27 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I was 'punched' out of blackout by a girlfriend at 2am whilst standing over her and urinating on her head, this didn't go down to well, as 3 months earlier I did a huge poo plop in her flatmates wardrobe No straining required
Old 09-07-2012, 11:12 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Huey View Post
I was 'punched' out of blackout by a girlfriend at 2am whilst standing over her and urinating on her head, this didn't go down to well, as 3 months earlier I did a huge poo plop in her flatmates wardrobe No straining required
It's so funny that we think we can control our drinking when we can't even control our basic bodily functions anymore. Most 3 year olds are better at it than alcoholics are. Plus a 3 year old would never p*ss on someone's face while they were sleeping. Or pee in a coworkers closet for fun, like I did. Or wake up covered in vomit and feces and urine with no idea how it happened. Or that other time.... or that other time... or that other time...

Ugh, never ever EVER again.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:29 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

blakezly - you don't ever have to feel this way again.

There are lots of different recovery options. I use AA. If you're interested in finding more out about it, come on over to the 12 Step forum and do some reading and posting.

There are other threads around here about other options as well.

Welcome to SR!
Old 09-07-2012, 01:33 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone...... its a struggle, but reading all the support is just awesome it makes me feel like if other people can do it, than so can i.....
Old 09-07-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Blakezly, I appreciate your candor about a less than stellar moment for you. It serves to remind me of all those things I did when drunk, and not so very long ago, either. I say serves, because just remembering them reinforces my resolve to never go down that road again. You're not alone by any means. And you are 100% correct: YOU CAN quit drinking. I have faith in you.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:42 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
there was a time when i was drinking that i had a cooler with beer on one side of my recliner and a milk jug on the other. when i needed to pee, i stood up and peed in the milk jug, then sat back down. walking to the bathroom was too much work.
there was a time when i was drinking that i had a full vodka & orange juice bottle on one side of my bed and a empty orange juice bottle on the other. when i needed to pee, i stood up and peed in the empty OJ bottle. Sometimes I peed into the wrong bottle. Talk about Cognitive Dissonance.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:03 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm sure we all have similar stories Blakezly...you're not alone

D

It's not my intent to come off as judgmental or self-righteous, but I do not have a similar story and I would venture to say that I am not alone in this.

People have different boundaries and thresholds. I am one that physically cannot drink as much alcohol as some others; I would vomit first. I have had only one blackout and that was due to prescription meds and having three, count them, three drinks. I have not woken up drunk the next morning, nor have I had tremors from drinking. I have never had the dry heaves the day after drinking. I can't remember the last time I had a hangover and I can unequivocally say that I have never spent a day in bed due to a hangover.

Why is this important?

Because some people who have a drinking problem, whether its alcoholism or alcohol abuse...the label really doesn't matter, may deny it when they compare themselves to others here. I recently read one post where someone used the term "real alcoholic". Does this mean I'm a fake alcoholic?

The amount that one drinks or the extremes of behavior is not what determines whether or not one has a drinking problem. The fact that I was dependent on alcohol and that it has had a negative effect on my life is enough.

I'll step down from my soap box now.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:05 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Good point Slim
Old 09-08-2012, 12:39 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I never peed on anything or anybody while drunk but I did pee in the pool :/ good luck to you and have faith
Old 09-08-2012, 02:24 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I once walked several miles home with a pantsload of ****.......it was quite the party.

It was bad enough that I had to throw away the shoes and socks I had been wearing.
Reminding myself of this will keep me sober tonight. Peace to you all.