Notices

I would like to post

Old 09-08-2012, 06:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I would like to post

Everyone always says see your dr or gp. Not everyone has that luxury and it kinda pisses me off. People need to understand not everyone in the world has doctors or can just go when ever they want to a physician's office.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry if it annoys you Exodus - welcome back btw

If you read my posts you'll know why I recommend it - I suffered several mini strokes in my last detox...I'll always carry those effects with me now...

I definitely regret not going to the Dr now.

Suggesting people seek professional medical advice is simply the most responsible advice we can give.

We spend vast amounts on our addiction.

Your well being and good health is worth way more than any money you might have to outlay, surely?

I do understand about finances tho. Times are tough all over.

here are two links for free or low cost clinics throughout the US.
Free/Low-Cost/Sliding-Scale Clinics
2-1-1 Call Center Search

If you're ever in serious trouble the ER is always an option too

D
Old 09-08-2012, 06:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Are there no doctors in San Jose, California? No satellite care centers? Sorry, but we cannot give medical advice here. We are not doctors. Well, someone here might be, but the fact remains that we cannot dispense medical advice.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Recovered

When I had no insurance, I went to the ER.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

24 hour care centers have doctors. I paid for my alcohol, I pay for my doctor. There are also free clinics, at least in Maryland they exist.

ER will take you, too for detoxing or treatment.

I wish you well,
Old 09-08-2012, 08:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

((exodus)) - I am one of those people who have no job and no insurance, but I found a good dr. I also used to be an RN and I saw some devastating effects from people who waited too late. I'm no longer an RN due to my own addiction.

I admit - I HATE paying the fee to see my dr. Especially when the county I am 2-3 miles from has a free clinic but I can't use it.

I have some longstanding issues from PTSD and I could not have made it through the past few years if it wasn't for my dr. Don't go often, but am grateful for when I can go and my dr. is amazing.

I also worked in an ER that treated indigent patients and we treated them, though they had no money. I ended up in that same ER twice, and didn't have to pay anything because of my income.

I get what your saying, I really do, but I ended up with an amazing dr. and I just pay the $128 when I can.

Trust me, I have no job, no insurance, but I do have financial aid from school and that's how I manage to see my dr. a few times a year.

I DO understand when you don't have the ability, as I've been there. I pray you get to the point where you can see a dr.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy