Notices

I finaly did it

Old 09-06-2012, 12:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Random Guy

I finaly did it

I haven't posted on this section of the forum in a while but I was active here a few months back. I haven't been doing all that well on the sober front and was just getting progressivley worse and worse.

So I finally got brave enough and have "turned myself in" to go to rehab or something like it. I don't know anything other then the wheels have been set turning and there is nothing I can do to stop it at this point.

Depending on how this works out it will either be a huge mistake or the best decision I have made in a long time. I don't know what kind of a program I am going to be put in and am pretty nervous about it. When I know you all will.

Wish me luck.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am happy to hear you made the decision to get help in rehab I wish you all the best!
Maybe, when you come back, we can continue the movie game
Old 09-06-2012, 01:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good luck, InsertNameHere. I hope it'll turn out to be the best decision.

Wishing you all the best x
Old 09-06-2012, 01:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So glad to see you INH Don't worry to much about what will happen and how this will effect your career... this is a necessary step and you are being honest about your situation. Good luck and keep us posted x *Hugs* x
Old 09-06-2012, 01:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Making the 'decision' to change, & go to rehab, probably saved my life. Congratz!
Old 09-06-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you...And I think it's a good move. Still haven't made it back stateside huh?
Old 09-06-2012, 01:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Random Guy

No, and it seems like they are going to keep me out here for a while which is one of the reasons that I did what I did. This last year has been rough on me and I didn't want to have to keep dragging this out for another year. In fact I don't know if I would have been capable of that without some kind of break down.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So they are cool with you doing this?
Old 09-06-2012, 02:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

All my best as you explore your new sobriety...
Old 09-06-2012, 02:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good luck :-)
Old 09-06-2012, 02:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Random Guy

They are the people that I went to. I don't know how this is going to play out but this is not the first time that this has happened there are established practices for it. I have never experienced it because usually when this happens it is because the Individual got in trouble and was forced to go but it is a little bit of a different deal when you self reffer without a negitive incident. I have no real experience with this but i know that they say it is not supposed to have any negative effects on your carrer and that they should cover all expenses. I don't know much more then that. This might be just a quick stop state side while I go to rehab or perhaps even somewhere in Europe. Then a follow on trip to my next country. I don't realy know much at this point only that i have just this evening set the ball rolling. That and my boss has laid down the rule that I can no longer drink. If I were to violate that then bad things could happen. I am pretty nervous about the whole situation as I will be finding out in the next few days what exactly my "boss" will decide to do.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

If you self refer I don't think they can do anything about it.....And they should pay for it. Either way...Getting the treatment is the most important thing for you...This is your life you are talking about. If I kept going the way I was going...I wouldn't be typing this right now....I know that. Good for you INS....I'm happy to hear it.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Make sure you are safe with detoxing too...I needed 5 days in patient before rehab....Don't play around with that.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Random Guy

haha it doesn't look like I have much of a choice in my detox. I have officially been told I am not allowed to drink any more. If I did I would get into some pretty serious trouble.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:11 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Wow, is that their idea of rehab? Have they had a doctor check you over? x
Old 09-06-2012, 05:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Random Guy

No that isnt thier idea of rehab but it is kindof of for detox, the basic thought process it "you have a drinking problem? Well then we are going to make you not drink." I and we will make sure of it. The rehab part comes after, but then again it might not happen either. And no, I haven't seen one of those in a couple of years. That might be all just due to my location though I wouldn't want to go to a doctor here. This won't be a first for me it will not be pleasant obviously but necessary.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:42 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I wouldn't be too crazy about the idea of people that know nothing about alcoholism telling you how you have to detox INH. People die doing that.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:49 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Yeah it probably isn't a good idea but I have done it before just by myself I kinda know what to expect. I don't get DT's or see anything or anything like that. Just loss of sleep appetite nasuea a little shakeyness in my hands and legs night sweats and anxiety. That is what I will have to look forward to for the next few days. We will see what will happen over the course of the next few days.

Good times.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:53 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that you've been struggling INH.

I really hope that it clicks for you this time round. I'd say ...good luck, but I don't think luck has much to do with it.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:20 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Is it bad when on the answer sheet for the alcohol questionair I have only a handful of no's, and those are mostly when it comes to legal trouble? It looks like I will be going to rehab after all here in the next week or two.

Thanks for all the well wishes I am a little nervous but at the same time a tiny bit hopefull.