Notices

on your last drinking day, what did you drink

Old 08-27-2012, 05:05 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

I didn't know it was my last drink when I had it...only when I woke up face down in puke on my daughter's 13th birthday did I realize it had been my last drink (vodka and v8 fusion- very difficult to clean from carpet).
Old 08-27-2012, 05:45 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

I don't remember, but I'm sure it included vodka, beer and red wine. that was my norm at the time. In any order, didn't matter. If I was tired, I'd take a Ritalin to keep going. Pitiful way of life.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

6 bottles of wine and 3ltrs of whiskey in a 3 day event .
Old 08-27-2012, 08:06 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

The absolute last time I drank, I had a glass of semi-sweet white wine. However, what convinced me to quit for good was a night out in mid-July.

I went with a friend to a bar and we shared two pitchers and did a few shots.
Then we met up with two more guys and we went to a second bar where we did a few more shots.
Then we moved to a third bar and decided to switch to beer (you know, to be responsible ). My memory gets a bit hazy, but I think we killed six or seven pitchers between the four of us.

Miraculously, I managed to remain concious and in control the entire evening, but I vomited as soon as I got home. To be honest, I feel a bit like vomiting just thinking about how much I drank that night.

This thread is a good idea. I think I needed the reminder.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:21 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm "one of them" - picked a quit date in advance, months in advance to be precise. That said, not 100% sure of how much and exactly everything I drank. I'm thinking I probably had at least a couple Ultras (had to watch them carbs), then straight to the Vodka and Diet Sprite. After I finished off the Vodka (I'm guessing at least .5 liter) it was getting late and I then had a couple rum and Diet Cokes, finishing off the last of the rum. I may have had one or two more mixed something or others, not sure what but I would have had to have actually not hated the taste. Then I went to bed. The rest, as "they" say, is history.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:26 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I checked into detox/rehab at 0800 8 months ago today - had a very fine bottle of Bordeaux and my last couple of smokes between 6 am and 7:30 am.

Pam
Old 08-27-2012, 08:28 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

For me it was Sangria spritzers and champagne at a friends wedding, I always tried to keep it classy, never went that way for me. I would promise myself that I could just have a couple of drinks, then by the end of the bottle it was half vodka/half Sangria, after that it was anything I could find or talk someone into giving me(it was byob, so there was no bar; so I was asking strangers for anything they could spare). That was not the person I wanted and I will never be that person again it was disgraceful
Old 08-27-2012, 09:20 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

3 pints of Guinness spread out over about 2 or so hours - it was a test to prove to myself that I wasn't alcoholic.

Had I known those would be my last, I would have gone for some red cabernet, captains n diet, ouzo shots, Jager shots, dirty martinis, THEN the Guinnesses.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:48 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

My last drinking day was New Years eve, 2011.

I had some wine in the fridge so I had a glass at lunch time. It was just the one glass and that finished the bottle. By my usual standards it was a small glass but that was all that was left in the bottle.

I had decided to abstain in the New Year so I went to bed early that night and woke up and found this site and posted here.

That was 8 months ago now and I haven't looked back. I knew, at 39, it was now or never as I had been drinking since I was 18.

I am really proud of myself. My life is very different to what it was and I know that is down to me sticking with my decision, not just moaning about how 'hard' it is/will be.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:34 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

1/2 a fifth of vodka- started at 530ish and passed out by 8ish...woke up pissed off I hadn't been able to drink the whole thing without passing out so early- nice priorities eh?
Old 08-27-2012, 12:47 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Well, if I had known it was going to be my last day of drinking forever I probably would have gone about it differently........but you know what......it got so bad it didn't matter. I just had one purpose....to get drunk as fast as possible. So thats whay it was 3/4 of a fifth of warm nasty cheap vodka slugged straight from the bottle in the garage. I am not proud but I do not regret it. It made me who I am today, sober.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:52 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Kza

Originally Posted by Muunray View Post
1/2 a fifth of vodka- started at 530ish and passed out by 8ish...woke up pissed off I hadn't been able to drink the whole thing without passing out so early- nice priorities eh?

Typical alkie. On the rare occasions when I was too tired to continue drinking, I would view the above as a wasted opportunity and like I was missing out.

Mornings, I would collect all the empties and pat myself on the back if I had only drung 8 instead of the usual 12.

The deluded behaviour.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:07 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Enough beer and rum and cokes to give me the hiccups and make me vomit.

Funny, that was not my intention.

Yuck

That was one month ago, Thank God.

I had the urge to drink the other day, then I remembered...when I drink, I vomit.

Thank God, I remembered that it made me vomit.

I don't want to get sick today.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:59 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

3 days ago I had 24 bottles of bud and 6 cans of Guiness. I only drink beer, but clearing away bottle after bottle and putting out the bin slightly embarrased made me come back here.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:26 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I have no idea, I'm sure I started with beer but once I blacked out I have no idea what I put into my body. It turned into a 4 or 5 day binge and I don't remember much of it. What I do remember is how I felt. Like tomsteve said, it was what brought me to the point of desperation.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:47 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Keg party. I remember thinking I was beginning to detox from the night before so to hide the shaking I started pounding beer and ended up fine one second then wasted the next. I lost count after ten. The next day changed my life as I was crying in dt's praying to God to make the hallucinations, voices, and surges of panic go away. And to think I had just detoxed a month before in the hospital.

Never again, thanks for the reminder.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:55 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

2.5 bottles of wine, yesterday. Needless to say I do not feel great today and going to be serious about quitting. Moderation is clearly not my thing. o__o
Old 08-27-2012, 05:59 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Peeka
You'll find a lot of support here - you never have to feel that way again

D
Old 08-27-2012, 07:19 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Whatever any of us drank, it contained alcohol. One drink of any type of alcohol was one too many for me...SR has really helped me stay away from the first drink
Old 08-27-2012, 09:24 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I drank beer for the 46,000th time, give or take a couple of thousand. I had enough to get yet another debilitating hangover. It's been ten months since I had one of those.