Notices

A Really Horrible Day

Old 01-13-2004, 11:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A Really Horrible Day

This is truly been my worst day yet. I didn't leave in time to walk to the weans school (bairn I think is used further up north) and had to take a cab. Then when I got there the wean had failed to tell me us parents had allocated slots so that didn't go down well and on top of that she'd left the cable for her mobile (brand new and expensive) on the floor and her pet rabbit decided to munch through the cable. Of course she denied all knowledge of both incidents (well you would if you were confronted with a screaming skull like me wouldn't you). However I really lost the plot and was screaming at her like a maniac (thank God noone else was around) but then something just clicked and I knew I was out of control. I've made up with her and explained that I was totally out of order but we sat chatting for ages afterwords and I told her how I was feeling - honestly she is such a wee source of strength for me at times and I feel so bad for the way I acted (or over-reacted more to the point. Anyway both of us have been reading stories in the Big Book (my uncle was presented with it when he was 26 years sober) and I think it'll help a bit.

That aside my daughter got an absolutely fantastic report at school (it's her first year in the High School) and she's doing really well. A few comments were made about her not concentrating but that aside she's a wee star.

I read the article Ginny posted too and it sorta put a lot of things in perspective and I think I'll be using some of the advice to help me prevent similar blowouts like today.

Cath it was nice to see you're from Perth, my hubby has family out there and we're going over at the start of December until just before the New Year - so that's something good to look forward to - though how explain I'm an alcohol free zone (I hope) I don't know as they like a drink and they know that I do (sorry I did - trying to positive now) - so that'll be quite a test for me - but hey just think about today as the saying goes.

Anyway I'm off to have a nice bath whilst the soaps are on. I found in the past that they'd trigger me to have a drink as there was always someone with a glass in their hand - so a soapy bath for me instead.

Anyway - thanks for being there - speak soon.

Luv
D
Old 01-13-2004, 06:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Chy

Good Deal D!

So long as you recognize those old behaviors and take action, you can learn to manage those bad day's. Stay strong!
Old 01-14-2004, 05:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Me2
Paused

Hang in there

Anger is an easier emotion to deal with than the rest....I think thats why a lot of us use it....Peace is harder which I think is the opposite of anger...Love to is harder than its opposite also and thats fear....lifes a growing process...and we are constantly presented with situations that challenge us so we can learn from them...its not repeating our mistakes that is a sign of growth,not that we dont even relapse once in awhile. We all need to not beat ourselves up to much and recieve grace and mecry in our lives. Those who have been forgiven much also forgive much....and I dont know about you but Ive been forgiven a lot....glad to know your here..keep us informed...p.s. my grandfather was born in Durham england...a Jorde I guess you say...he lived to be 95...steve