Notices

79 Days

Old 07-02-2012, 05:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

79 Days

hi all

This Friday will mark the the longest time of my 40 years without booze - it will be 12 weeks.

I decided to clean up due to a number of reasons main one being my son. The doc has put me on Prozac which really has helped.

For the last two nights I have have had recurrence of severe night sweats and during the day I am going hot and cold very quickly - I have been to the doctor this morning to report my 'man-o-pause' - and I am very surprised to hear from here that the symptoms are still my body going through withdrawl.

Just how powerful is this devil?

I still have no intention of drinking as again my driver is my little boy ( I want to live to he is at least 40!! That's my goal)

if you are in the same boat stay strong and carry on - besides this recent reoccurrence of withdrawal symptoms I do feel 1000% clearer in the head and heart - and I have really realised that some stuff I have been ignoring needs to get on track

anyone else had symptoms at 70 days + ?

God bless

Tony
Old 07-02-2012, 05:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I haven't experienced a recurrence of those symptoms, no, Tony - congrats on 79 days tho

D
Old 07-02-2012, 05:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee

I did have some Becks blue which is alcohol free beer - I am wondering if something psycho-symptomatic happened!
Old 07-02-2012, 06:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Tony, are you going to AA meetings?

All the best.

Bob R
Old 07-02-2012, 06:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi bob

Nope

Doing this on my own - not for any partic reason - just am

I do feel a little lonley about it - but I am ok - its working in any event....

Thank
Old 07-02-2012, 06:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great job. Question: Any withdrawal issues in the early stage?
Old 07-02-2012, 07:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yep .

Night sweats - three day bouts of them for the first 2 weeks.

Brain fog for about 6-8 weeks but still present in a gentler form (getting better)

First 2 weeks - even though I was immaculately showered clean clothes everyday - I could smell a rotten veg smell around me

Sleep was unusually deep for first 8 weeks - unwakeable - now its the same puntuated with bouts of insomnia that last between 1 -3 hours - though usually an hour

Pains in top right abdomen - that are now nearly gone
Old 07-02-2012, 03:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I'm glad you are keeping in touch with your doctor...

Well done on your progres...
Old 07-02-2012, 06:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats on 79 days! Keep up the good work!
Old 07-03-2012, 02:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congratulations. That's great news welcome to SR, I have found it's enough for me and haven't needed to have any face-to-face support, but everyone is different! I'm glad to hear you're feeling much better. I haven't experienced anything like that (I'm 3 months so about the same as you) but I'm pretty sure your doctor knows what he/she is talking about. All the best!
Old 07-03-2012, 03:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Tony, I was on Zoloft for a while and got really bad night sweats. Google prozac and night sweats and u may find a different answer. Awesome on 3 months! Our kids are great motivation
Old 07-03-2012, 05:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
~sb

I smoked weed and drank beer. I had many things going on for the first 6 months. I had long term sweats and hot and cold feelings, night sweats, tiredness with spurts of energy thrown in.

The next 6 months were mostly mental things or things like being off balance or forgetting or different forms of dyslexia--typing, talking, writing, thinking....brain fogginess, forgetfulness. At 13.5 months, I am much better than I had been and getting better each day!
Old 10-15-2013, 02:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Just bumping this thread up because today marks my 79th day sober.

For some reason I don't feel good today - sort of feel like I did in my early days of sobriety. I have brain fog and I am totally on edge.

I did start Zoloft on my 3rd day of sobriety but I hated it. I tapered off the Zoloft over a 12 day period that ended 10 days ago.

Don't know why I am feeling odd today.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:11 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TonyUK View Post
hi all

This Friday will mark the the longest time of my 40 years without booze - it will be 12 weeks.

I decided to clean up due to a number of reasons main one being my son. The doc has put me on Prozac which really has helped.

For the last two nights I have have had recurrence of severe night sweats and during the day I am going hot and cold very quickly - I have been to the doctor this morning to report my 'man-o-pause' - and I am very surprised to hear from here that the symptoms are still my body going through withdrawl.

Just how powerful is this devil?

I still have no intention of drinking as again my driver is my little boy ( I want to live to he is at least 40!! That's my goal)

if you are in the same boat stay strong and carry on - besides this recent reoccurrence of withdrawal symptoms I do feel 1000% clearer in the head and heart - and I have really realised that some stuff I have been ignoring needs to get on track

anyone else had symptoms at 70 days + ?

God bless

Tony
Tony well done on 79 days. I experienced night sweats periodically for the first month or so after I started taking Paxil (another SSRI very similar to Prozac).

You may want to Google Prozac side effects.