Notices

blubbering idiot

Old 01-03-2004, 01:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

blubbering idiot

Since I've stopped drinking - even with a few slips in there - I've been so emotional. I've seen three movies this past week, which is one of my favorite things to do when not working. Each movie I've been a blubbering idiot! I mean, I've seen sad movies, emotional movies before, adn perhaps let a tear roll down my cheek. But this was like - shoulder shaking, sopping wet sleeves crying. What is going on? Even sentimental commercials which I usually balk at are making me choke up.

Help
Old 01-03-2004, 02:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh! Jay ! do I ever relate to that !

I was told from an early age , that it was weak to cry , but since I got sober, I am the same as you , lol I still cant indulge in the unprovoked crying , that my Sponser says would be good for me, but show me a 1/2 way sad movie , and I am off and running !

HUGX
Lee
Old 01-03-2004, 02:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Lees, glad I'm not the only one who should invest in tissue stocks!

My daughter *loves* your avatar, btw. she's your typical 4 1/2 yr old - ponies, princesses, unicorns, fairies.....all her favorites. (when does it end???)

jay
Old 01-03-2004, 02:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Same here.I'd always been an emotional rock,at least on the outside.But in early recovery I went through a period where even Hallmark cards could bring tears to my eyes.Maybe it's the thawing of frozen emotions

phoenix
Old 01-03-2004, 02:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

LOL@ Phoenix !

btw , dont give me credit for my Atavar , i STILL dont know how to get one ! ( tho i have seen a post by , I think it is Morning Glory ) so must try it !

this one came to me , as did my others, via the Atavar fairy ! name unknown! lol

Thank you once again AF

HUGX
Lee
Old 01-03-2004, 06:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Chy

.... oh yea! As Phoenix said... the thawing of feelings and emotions! That's a good thing as you can feel now... and how does that feel?
Old 01-03-2004, 08:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh for real! I watched Seabuiscut two nights ago and ran out of the room crying! My husband was like...wow...where is she going?!

I am boo hooing at commercials also and while reading books! I think we have had a lot of emotion pent up or stifled by alcohol and maybe everything is just pouring out now. Good to be able to feel again! By the way, Seabuiscut is such a fabulous movie but make sure you have some tissues!

Love,
Laci
Old 01-03-2004, 09:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hello! Is this seat taken??

thought I'd throw in my male support there - you're not alone for sure. I LOVE SEABISCUIT (choke, sob!), great movie. My daughter has the same thing with unicorns, horses, etc. - enjoy every minute of it!
Old 01-03-2004, 09:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

OMG! Seabiscuit did it for me too! I went with a girlfriend, and we went to a small Arts cinema , thank God ! we were the only 2 there , cos I bawled my eyes out ! lol

HUGx
lee
Old 01-03-2004, 09:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Oh I am so glad I was not alone boo hooing about Seabiscuit! Thanks you guys. What a brave little horse! I am going to buy the DVD.

Love
Laci
(Seabiscuit Rules!)
Old 01-04-2004, 01:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

I haven't seen seabiscuit, but I'm going to see it now that I've heard so much about it.

I find my eyes leaking even during commercials too. I haven't broken out in any sobbing or outword crying (because of any show) because NOBODY is going to see me cry, including myself.

How long does it take for the overflow of emotions to cease???? It's d@mned annoying.

Last edited by MootPoint; 01-04-2004 at 01:22 PM.
Old 01-04-2004, 08:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Hello! Is this seat taken??

I haven't broken out in any sobbing or outword crying (because of any show) because NOBODY is going to see me cry, including myself.
MootPoint63 - That's a bummer - even today I enjoy a good commercial or heart warming event in movies, with no fear of tears. Keep working on it - and don't worry about opinions from others. That's part of the promises.

A few months back my sponsor (of 23 years) got emotional over a topic of being yourself. He got quite carried away for a few minutes on the importance of loving yourself, and enjoying life's gifts. It brought a tear to everyone's eye (he doesn't talk in meetings much) and he apologized, but he was VERY serious. Feel, hurt, heal, and grow - that's what we do in AA. Luckily we have friends to help us through all of it, so long as we use them.

pad
Old 01-04-2004, 08:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I read this somewhere...

"Tears cleanse the soul"

The ups and downs smoothed out for me around 3/4 months.
It was then my depression vanished.
I was also a crying drunk...not sure if that makes a difference.

My motto...
Be mad or sad or glad ..but....Stay Sober"