Notices

You Guys Are Right...Another Slip

Old 06-08-2012, 08:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

So what day are you on now? I can't follow. The he!! with the whole days of sobriety crap. Get serious about being sober. You are on a very, very slippery slope. Hope you get off, get grounded and get real.

Good luck.

Pam
Old 06-08-2012, 09:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

I've come to the realization that I've been behaving in the AA program like I use to at the bars. The other night (my slip) I was buying other people drinks (with no job/little money), telling outrageous stories & acting like a know it all. At meetings I believed my "drunk stories" were the best & deserved the biggest laughs or concern. Sometimes, I think it's just the mental illness & the addiction is secondary. My anxiety is very bad after this drinking episode & I don't have many "emergency meds" left.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

what emergency meds?
you drank! SHOCKER you are an alcoholic!

find a support group (safety net) they will keep you in line--you will keep them in check too@

no more pity party! get some food, take a nap.....read here and LEARN!
Old 06-08-2012, 09:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

[QUOTE=OklaBH;3436788]what emergency meds?
you drank! SHOCKER you are an alcoholic!

My anxiety meds that I need for emergency type situations.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:07 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
~sb

I'm sure people will be happy when you get honest. They're probably seeing through the bravado anyway.

Anyone who is happy you slipped is not working any steps.

I'm reminded it's none of my business what anyone else thinks about me.

It's about me and my higher power.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:16 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
At meetings I believed my "drunk stories" were the best & deserved the biggest laughs or concern.
Don't worry about your stories...Nobody gives a sh!t. Why don't you try this. Go to a meeting. Find someone you know that has worked the steps and has some years sober. Go up to them and ask them if they can take you through the steps..You are desperate...And you sound like you are. It's time to stop following your path and follow the one that works. Talk to this new sponsor and tell him about your slip...Do what he tells you to do. Your way isn't working Justfor1...Time to start listening and taking some suggestions...You can do this....All you have to be is willing to try.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:30 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Sigh. AA, not AA, in the end what matters is that you find something that works for you. If you have truly relapsed 120 some times in AA, perhaps you might want to look at another way? Have you tried Rational Recovery? Have you tried SMART. I believe that some people are allergic to AA, like some are allergic to penicillin. The proper response to someone allergic to penicillin isn't more penicillin, it is a different antibiotic. Perhaps it is time for you to try something else.

I have no preference as to what anyone uses to stay sober. I don't drink. I practice mindfulness and gratitude in my life. I run. I read. I spend time with my kids, dog, wife. My life is so much better when I outlawed alcohol from my life. I hope that you can find a way to end this madness. It was such a gift when someone told me that I never had to drink again if I didn't want to . . . and that came from an AAer.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:36 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
instant

JF1

My hunch is that people at the meetings have their own issues they are contending with but want to see you/help you work towards living a good life. Maybe you place to much emphasis on what you believe others are thinking about you and it is to your detriment?
Old 06-09-2012, 03:43 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

I removed several posts & other posts that quoted those posts under rule 4
4. No Flaming: Posting of any content with the intention of disrupting the forum or inflaming members-be it on someone's person, religious beliefs, race, national background, sexual orientation, or recovery program. This includes flaming, flame baiting, registration of multiple accounts or impersonation of another member. Do not Harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress or discomfort upon another Online Forum participant. This includes flaming on our forums or other public forums.

No posts that attack, insult, "flame", defame, or abuse members or non-members. Respect other members of the community and don’t belittle, make fun of, or insult another member or non-member. Decisions about health and recovery are highly personal, individual choices. "Flaming" and insults, however, will not be tolerated. Agree to disagree. This applies to both the forums and chat.

It is also our policy not to allow threads that are purely to announce that you are unhappy here and "leaving the site'" or to post threads discussing why someone left or was banned. Such posts often detract from our purpose of providing support in recovery. Posts of this nature may be removed and continued posting of this nature could jeopardize your membership. If you wish to “leave” SR or just take a break from the site you are welcome to notify your friends via the Private Message feature.

Ignore bothersome members. If there is someone on the forum that bothers you, select the Ignore option on the drop down menu under their name on the post. You won't see any posts from this member again.
If you want to post to the OP with help advice and support please do.

'My recovery can beat up your recovery' arguments do not belong here.

D