Notices

OK So let's try this again

Old 06-06-2012, 04:37 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by awuh1 View Post
Sudz, Trust me. If you did not learn something from the last "slip", and you have no other plan than the one you had before, you are almost certain to be back here again with a similar OP in a week or a month or 3 months. I would not wish that on anyone. Believe me, I do not wish to be unsupportive. My persistence on these two questions is supportive (of you and your families welfare). If you do not yet have an answer that’s OK ... but it will serve you well to find one.
Why the pessimistic attitude? I always get back up and try again. I just need to refocus on the reasons why I don't want to drink and stick with it. It has worked well in the past, it will work well again.

Coming in here and spewing negativity will get no one anywhere
Old 06-06-2012, 04:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Sudz your SR join date is 2 and a half years ago. I'm being realistic. I've been there done that. I don't want you to "try again". I'd like to see you do it. I'll stop now. Best wishes.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:54 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Sudz your SR join date is 2 and a half years ago. I'm being realistic. I've been there done that. I don't want you to "try again". I'd like to see you do it. I'll stop now. Best wishes.
That's more positive thank you. I believe in karma
Old 06-06-2012, 05:06 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

What did you learn from the last time and what’s going to be different? I also note that you say you’re going to "try". I would suggest a bit stronger resolve along with a more workable plan. I won't wish you luck ... because that’s not at all what you need. But I will wish you well.
You said it very well! Thank you for that! It bothers me every time when he says that he will "try" - It just doesn't sound like a commitment... only like a temporary postponement...
Old 06-06-2012, 05:33 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sudz No More View Post
I suppose without knowing the whole story it is hard for everyone else to see it for what it is.
She is just very sensitive to any drinking whatsoever because of a past family experience.
I am also sensitive to being lied that you didn't drink when I can clearly see it on your face...
I am also sensitive when I am in one room and you are in another drinking behind my back...
I am also sensitive that you drive a car with me and the dogs in it after a few drinks...
I am also sensitive that after a busy, difficult day at work I come home and you are drunk...
I am also sensitive that the alcohol is killing you and I won't be able to live without you...
Old 06-06-2012, 05:55 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

I just need to refocus on the reasons why I don't want to drink and stick with it.
See list above...
Old 06-06-2012, 06:39 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

That's more positive thank you. I believe in karma
Send me a PM if you want some links on Rational Recovery. Most people recover on their own; you can be one of them!
Old 06-06-2012, 06:53 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I am confused.
I do wish Sudz well.