Notices

Descent

Old 05-20-2012, 02:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Descent

Anyone else found that the drinking created a terrible spiral of making everything seem harder tan it need be, creating mad stresses, meaning morecdrink needed, followed by increadible sex drive, followed by very inappropraite sexual activity, followed by guilt, needing more drink...i think i reached rock bottom hung over the next morning feeling dreadful and remorseful and yet still found my self with a dominatrix by lunchtime....and then justifying that as a kind of hangover cure! ( seriously i know youll all think im kidding but i s%#t you not)
Old 05-20-2012, 02:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Robert

Actually I think most of us know exactly the kind of bizarre situations (and the same spiral) you're talking about - I think that's what AA calls an unmanageable life...mine got more and more bizarre and less and less manageable as the years went by...

you'll find a lot of support and understanding here

Welcome to SR

D
Old 05-20-2012, 03:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the reply...it was weird, so much i ceased to be me in a way, the things i was able to do , with little or no real remorse...ill be interested if others had weird experiences , it makes me feel better to know maybe im notbthe only one....( got hit by such tiredness today slept in a way i havent for years ) feel like i am coming out from a very dark place into the light, but i think i can do it as for some reason i just dont feel scared of thecworld anymore...perhaps i was simply immature and found adult life too hard...pffft
Old 05-20-2012, 06:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
o_0

Hey Robert,
You are not alone at all in the kind of stuff, I did some much bizarre things when I was drunken. Now when I remembered I feel so guilty, heartbroken, depressed but I tell myself it wasn't me it was somebody else who was driving me crazy. So I would tell you don't worry just be who are you now. That will make you happy soon or later.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Hey Robert, you sound just like an alcoholic of my type. I thought life should be one long party, and alcohol made that possible for a while, then it seemed to stop having that effect, and led me into all sorts of horrible situations, almost killed me. When i stopped drinking I found I had missed out on adolescence, I had never grown up.
The good news is alcoholics of my type recover, through AA. Give them a call and ask them to send someone to see you and explain what it's all about. You might like what you hear.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sounds about right to me, my alcoholic mind understands this completely and that is why I know I am a real alcoholic!!!!!!