Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Detoxed with a friend who stole from me, keeps calling

Notices

Old 05-07-2012, 12:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I was very sick after a binge last week. My friend kept telling me she was a nurse before and that I should come detox with her so she can watch me go cold turkey. I took the 40 minute drive because my heart rate was everywhere and I had been to the ER twice but they just laugh at you for anxiety attacks and release you. Yes I was honest about my drinking.

I was left alone on the floor night one after she tried feeding me a ton of pills not telling me what they were. I have Ativan but liver enzymes were increased so I refused. Well, I also have a history of sleep paralysis and nightmares and when she came down at 5 she called 911 and told them I was in seizures. I had a night terror episode, was not in convulsions (8 have had seizures when younger and know the aftermath feeling) I walked to the ambulance heart skipping beats still where I was diagnosed Anxiety. Zero alcohol in my blood for days I was honest with that doc too. My friend came in and seemed high on pills. Little did I know it was MY Ativan! She kept screaming about my seizure and the y left the room and she blasted the tv loud, then she told me she drove my car all around and since they wouldnt get me a drink she brings me...hot tea on a ninety degree day

I didnt even read the discharge papers i just wanted out. I was still too shaky and sick to drive and refused Valium because of my liver so she drove. We almost died. She pulled out in front of every car, was slurring and high off my pills. The bottle was at her aparrtment. She wanted food and im begging her just get gatorade, i give her money she blasts it all and gets allthis disgusting food horrible for a detoxing person, hot dogs and such, and forgets gatorade. I am 40 mins from home, shaking and sweating and i listen to her and her boyfriend scream at each other about me being there till 1am. I get up and leave.

I never got my pills back, she was popping pills the entire time angetting mad when i wouldnt take them. I read my discharge form and the doc called state police to have my license revoked for a seizure i never had. She just wanted to steal my pills. Im depressed and have a job interview tomorrow. I do not live in Pittsburgh i live 40 milesaway in farm town no bus routes. I am typing this on my phone cuz internet is already shut off, . This girl calls me twn times a day now begging me to come back, probably to steal more pills, sorry so long I am still sober how do I get my life back?
Old 05-07-2012, 12:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

Try an AA or NA meeting
Old 05-07-2012, 12:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am in AA every Thursday night I just want this addict to leave me alone and need my license back
Old 05-07-2012, 12:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

first things first. It will all fall into place. Can you block her number?

I'm sure Pittsburgh has more than one meeting a week. It might help you and you can talk with others who have had similar experiences (or not).

Stay sober. Read your literature. Call someone to talk. Believe in your higher power.
Everything WILL fall into place. We all make mistakes dealing with other using addicts. That is why we also must be careful in meetings--trust your gut---some of us are sicker than others. For whatever reason, your HP doesn't want you to drive. Yeah, it sucks, but you may be saved by something horrible right now and you don't even know it. Trust in your HP.

Peace & hugs,
Old 05-07-2012, 12:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

basically, your HP needs you to reach out to others in recovery right now. ask for rides to wherever, get an attorney or legal help for the misdiagnosis. Whatever it is, you are being asked to take actions....time to humble yourself and keep asking for help
Old 05-08-2012, 12:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I took the time to read another thread of yours ...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...need-help.html

Perhaps it's time to move into the city where you can attend more meetings
and get more adequate health care?
Public transportation and free clinics ...more job opportunities are easier too.

Hope you lose the :friends" that are waky...they are not helping you at all.
Block the numbers...hang up if she gets thru anyway on another number.
You never have to speak to anyone if you don't wish ..

Welcome to our Alcoholism Forum...
Old 05-08-2012, 01:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

welp, to start, if yer wondering how to get your life back, yer definately not sober. yer dry. who was the last person from AA you have called?got a sponsor? what was the last thing you did that the BB says to do? what are YOU willing to do to get your life back?
what was one of the 1st things i learned? gotta change wet places and wet faces. gotta go to meetings and for this useless, worthless drunk, one meeting a week wasnt enough. i worked every day at getting drunk, so i had to work every day at getting sober and one meeting a week wasnt enough. that isnt the case just for me,either. those who had what i wanted were at quite a few meetings a week

i am willing to place money on there being more than one meeting near you a week and there is more than just one alcoholic in your town and willing to help you get to meetings and get sober. now put in the footwork.
and where's God in all this?
Old 05-08-2012, 02:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
instant

Wherever you can be in a safe place with sober supportive people would be good. The pills sound like part of the problem not the solution.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I maybe didnt mention that I have a 6 year old. I have custody of her every mon tue wed and every other weekend. I would party while she was at her dads. I cant take her to AA hence the Thursday meetings or I would go, i want my life back, I have been sober a week but with no license I cant get her to school since shes not on the bus route and I cant work so I feel like Im losing here. These are the kinds of things that have caused me to relapse in the past. I have a custody agreement and if Im not there at her dads a certain time he can sue contempt of the order, my electric gets shut off in 5days