Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

my warm & fuzzy feeling is about to turn cold & prickly!!!!!!!!!!!

Notices

Old 12-24-2003, 09:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

ok guys, here goes. i am about to leave work. it is about 12:30 p.m.. i am scared to death!!!!!!!!! i have to leave my nice warm office and my good friends at SR and go out into that big cold world! i have to pass convenient stores and grocery stores where i can go and buy all the beer i want!!!!!!!!!! and i am not sure that i can pass them without stopping. like i said earlier, this is CHristmas Eve@! one of my all time favorite drinking days!!!!!!!!!!! my hubby is cooking dinner and all i have to do is wrap a ton of presents, so i think, well i can get wasted and still do that. the trouble is, i want to do it, but then again i don't i havae come so far in 9 days. help me, pray for me, tie me up, whatever you have to do, i really want to stay sober!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so long,
\\
angela
Old 12-24-2003, 09:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

(((((((((((((Angela))))))))))) and prayers.

You CAN walk by those stores and keep on walking!

Think of staying sober as the gift you're giving that DOESN'T need to be wrapped!
Old 12-24-2003, 11:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Chy

Hang in there Angela and pop over to the AA or Alcoholism forum and let us hug ya!
Old 12-24-2003, 04:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Angela, You have already took the best step by talking about it. I used to have a problem when I'd keep those feelings to myself. If you drank like myself, that store may not have all the beer you want. There isn't enough beer for me anywhere. I always wanted more. My body would be the only one that could limit me. I would have been a great cow. I heard they have 3 or 4 stomachs. Just try to remember your drinking ghosts of Christmas' past. What ever it takes do it. Have a Great Christmas.
Don W