Notices

Day 288 and...

Old 03-25-2012, 09:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 288 and...

Since yesterday around noon, I've had a feeling of everything being really super clear and noticing things around me a quite a bit more. I am drinking caffeine as I have been for months and months and I did not eat much yesterday, so that could be it. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this in their sobriety journey. I've read about how at this time frame (9-10 months major, rapid changes can occur) as well as the articles about PAWS and about how the brain goes through changes and repairs what was damaged during drinking.

Thanks!
Old 03-25-2012, 11:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Wondering why you are not eating and drinking lots of caffeine?
Part of my sucessful recovery has been changeing diet habits...and I seldome use caffeine
I started these positive changes very early on..

Glad to know of your sober time....
Old 03-25-2012, 12:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well, I usually eat three meals and snacks a day... but I was busy yesterday with things that happened to come up and I generally only drink caffeine (coffee) in the morning... and sometimes decaf at night. Seems to have worked pretty well, just wondering if the change I was feeling/sort of still feel but better was most likely from the combination of not eating much and the caffeine or from say PAWS, or maybe both!

Thanks!
Old 03-25-2012, 12:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You have quit drinking for 288 days & you are feeling good and have clarity. Thats awesome, I wouldn't question it too much ;-)

Have gratitude & enjoy it.

P.S. I do have to say I feel much more connected in every way since quitting, which isn't surprising since I am not poisoning myself with alcohol anymore.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

I had a lot of clarity around 9-10 months. I was seeing things I hadn't noticed previously. It was interesting. Just more healing happening.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Enjoy it! I'd only say from personal experience, when I get to feeling really good, I have to redouble my efforts because the next day my cravings seems to come on hardcore.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
instant

I am now 10plus months. I have noted the dramatic improvements have slowed down and everything seems to be more stable and regular (emotions, sleep, energy etc). Over the last few weeks however my horizons seem to be broader and I seem to feel comfortable stretching myself physically more. I am more aware of my emotional state and tuned into my sensory experience. Today I found myself looking up overseas holidays and thinking 'what if'. Considering a year ago I was struggling through each day this is phenomenal.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I second and third this feeling- been over a year of freedom from booze for me..and I continue to rediscover myself--not saying every day is peaches and cream, but I am experiencing everything now- I am participating in life, not just existing.