Old 03-23-2012, 02:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can do this Clors - use the support here
Welcome back to SR Praise7 - I really believe you can do this too

D
Old 03-23-2012, 02:25 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Well, I made it home from work just fine. I don’t want to drink today. No cravings so far. I am grateful for that. I even stopped at a supermarket on my way home to pick up cheese for the tacos I’ll be making later. To think that I had ‘normal’ days like today everyday for 6 ½ years and wasn’t really aware of the gift that was.

Sapling, it appears to be worse now, yes, but then time is great at making us forget how ugly it really got the first time. I mean, had time not helped me forget the pain of childhood labor, I would’ve had just one child, not 3, but yes, it appears to be worse now than when I first quit mainly because the details from then are very fuzzy.

Michael thanks for sharing your story. Best of luck to you this time around.
Ouch Praise7…..24 years!!!??? Oh that hurts. The good thing is that you are sober today. Hope you can make it this time. Best wishes to you.

Thanks to all who keep posting on this thread. Checking in to read new posts is one of the tools I am using to stay sober.

Natalie
Old 03-24-2012, 05:50 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I can relate to your story.

I quit drinking for 5 1/2 years and thought I could safely drink socially after all that time. I found that I couldn't. And once I opened to door to alcohol again it was really hard to get it shut. It took me over a year and it wasn't easy. I'm now sober again and today I'm much more vigilant.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:41 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Msjax I tried to answer you directly but apparently I have to post 25 times on this forum before being granted access. Thanks for reaching out to me. I appreciate it.

I had 3 glasses of wine with my late lunch today and although I didn't get drunk, I regret it very much. I had such a wonderful day yesterday and today that having wine with my steak and salad 'seemed' like the right thing to do. I know my thinking is flawed and am familiar with the term denial, etc. I have this incredible ability to convince myself that I can still drink moderately. I know I am full of it. Thanks again for reaching out to me. I appreciate it.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:55 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Amazing how after a couple of hours reading all kinds of posts on this forum, my illusion of acquiring/developing moderate drinking skills has vanished. Boy…..am I grateful I saw right through that one.

Natalie