Notices

okay...a cheery one today

Old 03-23-2012, 10:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

okay...a cheery one today

First of all a big thanks to everyone who helped me over a bump yesterday, and to Dee for deciding when it was time for us all to go to bed

Second, it's 05:27 on what's forecast to be a sunny old day on the British Isles an I'm lying in bed in my jammies deciding what to do on my forth sober weekend...

So whatcha all got planned? What's everyone up to today now yr not spending half the day sweating out what you did last night?

Disclaimer: apologies in advance to anyone who is sweating out what they did last night. This organisation does not endorse anything StillSleeping, her parent company or affiliates may say. All comments are the opinions of StillSleeping and do not reflect the policies or opinions of this organisation as a whole...

Hehe
Old 03-23-2012, 11:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Okay, so it's a little early for the Western hemisphere (bl**dy layabouts!) here's a shout out to the East for a hug and some luck...am goin to take my brother some croissants and tell him I'm in recovery.

Eek
Old 03-24-2012, 02:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Haha! Everyone's still in bed? There are, like, five members online right now I should try lying in on a Saturday morning...

Milestone! First family member knows I'm in recovery - and in those terms, not 'taking a break for a few days, or 'you know, cutting down a bit'.

Hey big brother. I'm in recovery. I'm scared shtless and on top of the world and can u tell me I look like somethig's different cos I FEEL different, can you see it?

He was amazing. I feel amazing. I can't wait for H to get home so I can tell him.

I hope someone reads this, that it doesn't disappear into the ether. Hey, either way, right? I did somethin cool today
Old 03-24-2012, 03:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey, Still Sleeping. In Manila, here, 6:30 p.m., just back from my daughter-in-law's baby shower.

Funny...No one was drinking! Great time. And congrats on your fourth weekend!
Old 03-24-2012, 03:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi 10.30 here in Wales . I 'm taking my daughter riding then going for a walk.
It's a glorious day and I'm led to believe that sunlight is a great anti depressant so we'll walk about heads up . It often seems to work so aim not questioning the science.
Have a good day . Buy a book ? Read in a park. Enjoy the light.
John.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh really glad you spoke with someone. It always helps bringing family back close.
John.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

lol your a funny lass still! i have one word forya: 'serenity' ...get some!
Old 03-24-2012, 04:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hehe! Hello all! baby showers an riding - sounds brilliant

And serenity Johnny Boy? I bellow in the face of serenity! Have you seen the weather, have you been outside? Who can be serene today???

Have done my workout, am goin to eat some chicken and fruit then hit the beach for an hour, get some sun on my poor winter face. Then town, I want to rub shoulders with as much of humanity as I can get in the way of

Fellowship indeed heh heh but I preferred posse... tell Rocker if you see him first

Later all

xxx
Old 03-24-2012, 04:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

yep, went out for a stroll along the beach at 7am this morning, walked past xuma bar on the way and there was a load of zombie's outside still drinking from lastnight, they looked rough as a badgers bum i tel thee! lol had a little chuckle to meself n thought thank god that aint me!!

ps/ hope ya not rubbing shoulders down the london rd area! crackhead central, i avoid it like the plague!

have a great day poppet!
Old 03-24-2012, 04:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

jeez, london road, what a pile man. Ugh, it's like Dudley. We stay clear just on aesthetic grounds!

Although the idea of getting high by osmosis, not crack, but maybe coke...

No! Bad Still. Into your corner.

Actually, go outside. These people are lovely, but why are you sitting inside typing about what a lovely day it is out of the window??

I was eating lun-

It's finished! Log off!

Oh okay. Bye xx
Old 03-24-2012, 07:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey, stage one complete, shoulders rubbed and hubby collected

Off to the beach, to the beach!

xx
Old 03-24-2012, 08:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
~sb

It's a rainy day in Maryland. I still want to take care of me today! My feet aren't used to standing I worked this week!), so I'm thinking a pedicure (I used to wait until, well, it was horrible what I put some people through to help my little toes) and manicure...a little eyebrow help as I can't really see those....maybe a new pair of shoes for keeping my feet happy. A trip to the mall is in order. I never really took care of me when I drank. There was a time when I dreaded going out in public in general, I was so full of self-centered fear and self-loathing....

Maybe a meeting to see some people I know, or maybe try a new one tonight at 8....

Emptying the vacuum container and getting the cat hair off the carpet (someone had fun while I was out working!) She left little puff balls on the floor as she ran around the place! Getting to some little things I put off in terms of cleaning. I finally got my filing cabinet full, so there isn't much, but I think there's a box I've avoided since I got sober, who knows what I'll find in there (mostly trash now).

It's a me day, which sounds selfish, but necessary. Of course, every time I have plans, they seem to change last minute, and that's okay, too!

Yesterday was sunny and felt like summer. I was outside a lot and now have a little sun on my face....well, my nose is pink, and not from drinking!

A relaxing Saturday for me! A crab meal for dinner (it was on sale), maybe a redbox ($1.00) movie rental....

Thanks for asking!

I hope your day was pleasant!!
Old 03-24-2012, 08:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey my darling girl!

So super proud of you that you told your brother! you are doing amazing!!! It's grey and overcast here in Toronto.. maybe the sun will come out eventually???? please come out sun!!!

my plans today? hmmm not too sure. Have a few things to keep me busy. I love Saturday mornings, having a coffee, watching a bad made for TV movie and having a ciggy. ahhhh..

anyway, sending a big hug your way SS. You always put a smile on my face, you are one funny chick!

love ya!
Olive
Old 03-24-2012, 08:31 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hello hello! Pedicures an eyebrows an coffee, awesome.

Saturday morning...weird. Is 15:30 here

Olive, I hate to bum you out, but (whisper it...) I heard smoking can give you herpes...
Old 03-24-2012, 08:43 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Ohhh you cheeky thing you!

man.. you seriously make me laugh out loud and then people think I'm crazy. So thanks for that :P

your five hours ahead of me... it's almost noon here. Guess what? I had a word with Mother Nature and she made the sun come out a little more for me, see what kind of pull I have.. I'm good reeeeal good!
Old 03-24-2012, 09:13 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

duplicate

Last edited by stillsleeping; 03-24-2012 at 09:19 AM. Reason: duplicate
Old 03-24-2012, 09:16 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Shhh...it's the syphillis talking.

Hahaha! Readers, Olive does not have syphillis. Just smoker's rash.

ps H says that conversing with the elements gives you dandruff.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:36 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

HAHAHAHA.. oh geez... you guys are too much!

Well it didn't work anyway, it's cloudy again. blah. So maybe it's a good thing, I will be dandruff free.

I needed a bit of a laugh today, I can always count on you to put a big stupid smile on my face. It's hard to believe your a teacher, you should write a book or do stand up. But then again, I think you and I understand each other and most people might be lost in translation.

Aiiiiiiight sista... gotta shake my bootie and get going. Talk soon, send me a PM later if your not busy.

Olive XO
Old 03-24-2012, 09:43 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Girl, dincha know teaching is all a performance? Glad to have put a smile on yr face

Enjoy shaking your booty.

xxxx
Old 03-24-2012, 12:48 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Bedtime for early risers...

Night all
xx