Notices

wish I was dead!!!

Old 03-16-2012, 08:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Unhappy wish I was dead!!!

I've had enough of life - nothings going right at all maybe if I weren't here everyone will be happy and better off without me ...
I'm gunna lose everything so what's point in living without my children?!
All I have done is try to keep my children. Social worker came out today and dropped a bomb shell that there's a new panel of services that can possibly put mt kids through to PLO
Old 03-16-2012, 08:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Dawnie

I'm sorry to hear you've had bad news. Whats plo? Its only a possibility tho did she say, nothing is definite. Did she say anything about the parenting course they mentioned at the conference this week. Remember all the positives they said to you though- they wouldn't have said all that if it wasn't true. Your children need you Dawnie. How's stopping drinking going? things always seem worse after a drink too. I'm sorry I can't really help just wanted to let you know we are all here for you.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

It was to short notice for parenting course I couldn't get a baby sitter to watch my son.. Its like one bad news after the other
Old 03-16-2012, 08:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

that's so unfair. if you can't get a babysitter what on earth do they expect you to do. Its madness. I'm sorry to hear it-sounds like theyve not given you much time to sort things out. hope you can sort it out
Old 03-16-2012, 08:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just don't drink Dawnie...That won't help anything...Just look for ways to make this work out....Put your attention to that and not drinking...
Old 03-16-2012, 09:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Dawnie... I'm going through divorce right now, but my kids are older and I have been sober for two years. I can't relate to the pain you are feeling, but I can relate to the feeling of wishing my life was over. Just last night in fact I told God that it was okay with me if he called me home. But then I realized that it was not okay. My kids need me. My wife of 20 years may be leaving me, but my kids will always need me (just as they need their mother).

So I wish I had some magic wand to wave, but your kids need you too even if they take them from you. Take your feelings of pity right now and turn them into a positive and do the best you can. Call that social worker up and ask her if they have sitter services. Call a church up, many times they have these services. You can do it and NEVER say your life is not worth living. You are loved by many people, but sometimes we just don't see that because we are so caught up in our emotions.

John N
10-25-09
Old 03-16-2012, 09:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
High on Life

Dying, drinking, anything of that sort won't change your problems. They are just escapes from our problems. I don't know what you're going through, but I have been in some pretty dark places and couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

All I can say is whatever you do, don't drink and stay strong, because I know the situation looks dismal now, but drinking will just make things that much worse.

And there is light at the end of the tunnel, keep the faith and whatever you do, "Don't pick up."
Old 03-16-2012, 09:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
So it goes

Wont help your kids much either Dawnie if you are brown bread.
The way to sort it is to stop drinking, show them you can cope with a sober life and rebuild your life
You are young enough to do that, and see them grow up
Old 03-16-2012, 10:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope that you are staying sober through this, Dawnie.

Have faith that things will out for the best regarding your children.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I know a woman sober over 30 years. She told me "life s*cks one day at a time". I suggest looking/doing the next right thing. What do you need today to get through today? And, no one can predict the future so stop projecting.

Anyone you can call? It's really a time when you need support. God bless.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Social worker can "possibly" put my kids through to PLO......
Trust me on this one. Social workers may threaten many things, but they rarely ever do any of them. Social Services believes that is in the best interests of the children to be with the Mother 99% of the time. Those are your children, you are righting your life, you are going to keep your kids and you will continue to do whatever it takes for the betterment of your children.
Drop the drink, contact your social worker, advise him or her of all the positive ways you are bettering your life for your children (working, sober, positive parental influence, etc.,). Be confident in your approach to them, you are the Mother of your children, you will keep them as long as you stand up and display a solid, positive, "best interests" of the children approach.
Complete sobriety, a positive approach to Social Services, a meticulously kept home, etc., this is the way to keep you and your children a happy family.
God bless.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sorry you are having a hard time Dawnie. Use your anger at the system to show them how well you can do instead of regressing. Make them regret all they have done by showing them positive actions from you.

Now is the time to walk tall in the face of it all. I know you can do it.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dawnie24 View Post
It was to short notice for parenting course I couldn't get a baby sitter to watch my son.. Its like one bad news after the other
Did you miss a scheduled parenting course ?
Old 03-16-2012, 01:19 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I guess I would just show up with the kid next time, saying you couldn't get a sitter, and at least prove you are making the effort. I mean, they may send you back home, but you are trying within the circumstances you have.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:37 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Dawnie, it sounds as if you have depression issues along with the alcohol. You are going through a lot of stress right now which makes the depression/anxiety worse. If you pick the drink it might help for a little bit but in the long run will make things worse. My old sponser use to say "short term gain, long term pain."
Old 03-16-2012, 01:52 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
instant

Be the best that you can be and have faith it will work out.

I habitually see the negatives and the what ifs, and focused on what is not going right. I am trying to learn a different way.

I hope it works out for you and your family
Old 03-16-2012, 02:29 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Dawnie

I'm not a parent but I have a lot of experience with dealing with Government agencies.
It might all seem stupid to you but if workjing with them is a lot easier than pulling the other way.

If you can't make a meeting or a course - call up and explain beforehand, with as much advance notice as you can give them.

Don't give anyone the chance to give you a black mark

D
Old 03-16-2012, 02:43 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Thank you everyone for advice very much appreciated

My social worker don't know that I drink I told em I stopped drinking when I was pregnant with my youngest boy

There's something new come out with the social services they are the higher bosses and they decide whether children should go through to public law outline. I hope they don't coz I have a lot of positives
Old 03-16-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dawnie24 View Post
My social worker don't know that I drink...
I wouldn't bet on that....lot's of us thought that we were pretty slick in that regard, only to find out that it wasn't a big secret...
Old 03-16-2012, 05:48 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

As I was told many times in the beginning, don't give up before the miracle happens. It will get better.