Notices

Psych Doctor Appoitment.....

Old 03-06-2012, 12:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Psych Doctor Appoitment.....

I saw my psych doctor today & she thought I was getting a bit manic. She raised the dosage my medications so hopefully that will help. I had a very rough couple of days and thankfully got through it sober. She is letting me stay on my anti-anxiety meds which is good. I only take my "emergency meds" when I have to. I like this doctor because she listens and takes a lot time.
My central nervous system is screwed up from extreme alcoholism. I got my car mechanic looking for a used engine for my car. It looks like I'm back to bike riding for a while. I am not able to function like normal people because I feel like my brain chemistry has been changed. I've been dealing with aggressive bill collectors as well. I owe one hospital 20,000 from a drug overdose. Going to a mens AA meeting tonight as I've been getting distracted at normal AA meetings.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You just have to keep making progress to get better...Looks like you are on the right track...I'd like to see you make it Justfor1...You have to keep working for it.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Sapling, sometimes I feel like I should be farther in recovery than I am. I mean is it really that big of a deal to stop drinking? 90% of people who drink do so responsible.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It takes time to readjust. One thing you can know for sure: everything is better without alcohol then with it.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
I mean is it really that big of a deal to stop drinking? 90% of people who drink do so responsible.
We're part of that 10% Justfor1...Is it that big of a deal?...Look where it's taken you..I can only promise you...That will get worse....I think that makes it a big enough deal in itself.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
BHF

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
Sapling, sometimes I feel like I should be farther in recovery than I am. I mean is it really that big of a deal to stop drinking? 90% of people who drink do so responsible.
It is not a big deal to those who don't experience the compulsion to drink in an "alcoholic fashion". Alcoholics shouldn't expect the other 90% to really give a flip if we drink or not...until we harm or endanger the public.

However, to the alcoholic it is a HUGE deal. In many cases, it's life or death. I would venture to say that the majority of alcoholics who do not recover do not die from untreated alcoholism, although I'm sure that many do. Most, I assume, die from causes such as suicide, vehicle crashes, other accidents/overdoses, etc. Many lose all, spend time in prisons/jails, are excommunicated from family/friends, contract other subsequent diseases.... It's when these situations arise that it's so easy for one to lose all hope and continue to do what they know best - drink.

If I am an alcoholic (which I am) and I have been fortunate enough to realize that my actions/drinking were leading me to these conclusions. It is not only important that I quit, but imperative.