Notices

60 hours. Yes HOURS!

Old 03-06-2012, 05:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

60 hours. Yes HOURS!

I know I'm supposed to just count the days, but I can't help it. I stopped 60 hours ago and it has been a rough ride. Really rough. But I managed to sleep for almost 4 hours and it is a new day, the sun is out and I've got a meeting in a few hours.

I know the vertigo, anxiety attacks, racing heart will be back soon, but for the moment I am thankful for my resolve the last 2 plus days. No one knows I'm going through this and I have had plenty of opportunity to just go out and get the alcohol my body is crying for. Just to make the physical agony end. But I've been to a meeting, read and even prayed. Don't know about tomorrow, but right now, today, I'm sober.

thanks for listening

CD
Old 03-06-2012, 05:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober is Better

Thats awesome!!! we are at the exact same point of sobriety!!! my last drink was saturday night at 9pm and it is now tuesday morning at 9am (well 8:50am lol)

im working today otherwise id be going to a lunch time meeting, but keep up the good work!!!!

Ill keep you in my prayers
Old 03-06-2012, 06:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Good Job! Keep at it! I think I am going to start counting hours as well

INH
Old 03-06-2012, 08:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

WSS, that is awesome! Congrats to you too! Are you doing OK today?

INH, how long do you have?

I am so glad someone responded to this. It may seem desperate, but I will probably check this site pretty often in the next few (God willing) sober days. I find peace and understanding here. Oh and inspiration, too.

CD
Old 03-06-2012, 08:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Not long I am still struggling with getting the idea that I have to quit through my head. I will go for a couple of days sober and then pick it up again so look to me as an example of what NOT to do.

INH
Old 03-06-2012, 09:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I totally understand. I have gone through the hell of withdrawal just to relapse so many times I can't count. I have stayed sober anywhere from one day to at one point, 4.5 years. I have been battling this since I was about 19 and I'm 37 now. After the 4.5 years sober, I started the relapse/withdrawal hell cycle with a vengeance.

This last bit has been the worst. The last 6 months I have been secretly drinking 6 nights a week. 12 drinks in about 2 hours. And hiding it all. The one night I take off is simply because I can't find a way to lie and go somewhere to do it. And each time I take the one night off, the withdrawal gets worse. Every single time.

This time I've passed the 2 day mark and it has been more scary than its ever been. So many of the nasty things people post about they've gone through during acute withdrawal are happening to me and I can't believe it. Never thought I'd get to this point. And I'm doing this all secretly so I can't share it with anyone.

And yet... sadly...I've already had urges today to just say Screw It and buy
some booze.

CD
Old 03-06-2012, 09:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sober is Better

hang in there cloudy!!! just be strong and keep going hour by hour! We can do this together!
Old 03-06-2012, 09:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Like Why So Serious said hang in there bro! I am only in the last three months trying to quit at all before that I was/am a daily drinker for about 5 years with some breaks in there but never because I was quiting only because at the time it was unavailable. But I don't mean to get off subject this is your thread, keep going man you got this!

INH
Old 03-06-2012, 10:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober is Better

it may sound drastic/scary but go to an AA meeting (if you want to) just sit in the back and listen you can even dip out early no one will judge, but it may help. Helped me
Old 03-06-2012, 11:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

ugh. i feel like i have a really bad case of the flu today. no throwing up or anything but my whole body is so sore, my eyes are all dried out, my head is throbbing, i have these moments of being dizzy and my heart is beating fast. oh and i can't concentrate for ****. on anything. i feel like a zombie.

to be totally honest, i think how bad i feel is what is stopping me from making a plan to drink tonight. i know that sucks, but it is the truth. i don't know if being that honest gets me anywhere, but there it is anyway. i wish i could fast forward a week... or more. but i know i can't. i have to feel this.

but god i feel like hell. just had to share that.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
High on Life

Count whatever you need to count. Hours, minutes, seconds......as long as you stay sober, that's all that matters.