Notices

Day 3, I can see!

Old 02-20-2012, 07:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Chutzpah

Day 3, I can see!

Last night wasn't too bad. Had some blood pressure problems and called the doctor, increased the dosage of blood pressure medication. Worse it got was 172/117. Was able to eat dinner and fall asleep by midnight.

It was the first time I ate dinner with the family at 7pm. Normally, I'd eat around 11:30pm when the girls were in bed and I was drunk alone. When I sat down and ate with the family, my 3 year old said, "Oh Mama, you are eating dinner with me? We are like Beauty and the Beast! You can be Belle." I felt pretty guilty..

When I woke up this morning and put at the dog out, I stood and looked around outside. Normally, I'd oush the dog out the door and run back inside for coffee to help my pounding head. This morning, I could actually look at the sun. It didn't make my head explode. I looked into the woods and saw squirrels playing. My vision is actually clearer. The last few months, I thought I needed glasses or was going blind but I guess I was just in a drunken fog.

Another interesting thing is I can hardly smoke a cigarette since quitting. My drinking and smoking went hand and hand. When I go on the deck to smoke after dinner, it makes me almost ill. Can only take three or four puffs.

We are going to try to go for a walk today if my blood pressure remains under control. Wasn't too bad right when I woke 153/90. I think the spike is due to the withdrawals and hope it will come down in the next week..

I am so thankful for this new start and all the support!
Old 02-20-2012, 07:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Keep at it, vichloe. That hope you are feeling is not a honeymoon experience or a 'pink cloud', it is your authentic, original self coming home. Fan that tiny spark into a roaring flame. You won't regret it. I believe in people, not programs, but if you find that you need additional tools, they are certainly available.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Chutzpah

Thanks, TU. I believe in myself and so does my family. I am the bulldog type of person. Once I set my mind to something, not can get in my way.. One year I decided I wanted to do triathlons. I signed up for 8 that spring/summer and ranked 1st novice in the state.

I will never drink again, this I know.

And there was no "pink cloud" this morning, only the clear, Carolina blue sky. Last week, I would've been like, "Damn bright sun, where are my sunglasses!"
Old 02-20-2012, 08:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

Awesome!! throw out the cigs and play with that beautiful child!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Chutzpah

Thank you Sugarbear. She is a beautiful child. In my drunken fog, I didn't realize how truly blessed I am to have two smart, loving and healthy girls.Guess alcoholics take a lot for granted.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

a lot of vision problems are due to dehydration. your vision should be much more normal too.

if the cigarettes are making you feel ill, don't bother with them. they can also affect your BP spikes.