# 21 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by F355 View Post
Congrats on day 5, Scott. :-)
ditto. good job.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:09 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Day six with no alcohol

Thanks everyone....This is day 6 for me. Still not drinking I have'nt had any strong temptations yet. Just small ones. Still haven't been to AA yet. I know I'm being pretty pig headed about going there. Just don't think it's for me. With that being said though. Like I promised my family and myself, when the urges start to become really strong, I will go but for now I'm ok. I read on here yesterday where a couple of you started drinking again. Do not beat yourself up about it. Just dust yourself off and try it again. When I was drinking, I use to wake up early in the morning (3am or so) with a VERY dry mouth and not being able to go back to sleep. I really use to beat myself up about it. I've since learned not to do that. It doesn't help anything. Just made me feel lower than dirt. I'd go into the bathroom, shut the door and sit on the floor asking myself "Why, Why, Why. Is this the best you can do? You have a family to take care of! Knock this crap off and live your life the way you were raised to live it!" The negative, tearing yourself down, self talk will not help you so try and refrain from doing that. Just tell yourself that you made a mistake and that your going to try harder today. When you give up trying, your as good as dead!
Has anyone lost anything (material) because of drinking? The last time I drink (February 13th, 2012) I lost my ipod 80gig classic. My mother bought me this back in 2007. I took it with me every place I went. This thing was very important to me. When I left the bar to go home, I forgot and left it sitting on the bar. I went back the next day looking for it but of course it was gone. No one had seen it. I think that, among other things, was the last straw. This is still bothering me because I can't afford to buy another one right now. I realize that night could have been a lot worst and I'm thankful that it wasn't. But it still bothers me. Music is a very important part of my life.
Anyway, I'm doing well and hope to stay that way. On to day 7. I'll keep everyone up to date. Thanks for the support.
Scott

Last edited by Scottneedspeace; 02-19-2012 at 05:19 AM. Reason: changing day without alcohol
Old 02-19-2012, 07:35 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Scottneedspeace View Post
Still haven't been to AA yet. I know I'm being pretty pig headed about going there. Just don't think it's for me.
I thought the same thing...The more I thought about it....The more I realised...My thinking...Is what got me into all the trouble I was in to begin with. Go figure.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:41 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks Sapling. It's still an option on the table. I will go before I allow another drop of alcohol to touch my lips. Believe me on that one.
Scott
Old 04-02-2012, 10:35 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Great job, Scott... and thank you!!! I found your post and this group because today is day 4 for me!! I'm starting to feel much better as of this morning. I'm done... I don't need it... it has only ever left a path of destruction. Finished!!! Long row to hoe yet, but I'm completely committed this time. Best!
Mike
Old 04-02-2012, 01:20 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Glad to hear that. Be strong!
Old 04-02-2012, 05:16 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks. How are you doing so far?
Old 04-03-2012, 04:48 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Welcome scott, don't worry you'll find courage here. I had zero courage when I arrived at this website and now I go to AA 5 nights a week and I love it. Also I'm going to be visiting Virginia Beach this summer, I'm going to see KISS and Motley Crue in July.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:51 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks Sapling. It's still an option on the table. I will go before I allow another drop of alcohol to touch my lips. Believe me on that one.
Scott
Me too - this is my last chance. If I can't fix this myself, I have to go to AA. Last chance saloon, man...
Old 04-03-2012, 06:51 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Day 5, still sober... still feeling better! Never, ever touching alc again!! Just my affirmation. Hang in there and do whatever it takes, Still!!!! You can do it! With or w/o AA. Be strong and good luck!
Old 04-03-2012, 07:15 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Relayer View Post
Day 5, still sober... still feeling better! Never, ever touching alc again!! Just my affirmation. Hang in there and do whatever it takes, Still!!!! You can do it! With or w/o AA. Be strong and good luck!

Haha! Thanks dude, every word of encouragement I get makes me more resolved

I actually told a work friend this morning that I'm in recovery, she was amazingly supportive. Good timing too - turns out they're all goin out for drinks after work tmrw and she's my lift home. She's going to back up my 'way too much to do, gotta stick around for a while, see you when you're done and ready to go' story hehe. No way am I ready to be in a pub with friends - the thought of it makes me want to crack a cold one right now. Nope, goin to sit this one out and count my days

Btw, she giggled when I told how many days I was on and said, 'so you're counting.' I said yep, every one, and told her how I reckon it should be like in conkers, and if you help someone else onto the wagon you should get to add their days to yours too. Whaddya think?

xx
Old 04-03-2012, 09:26 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I'm doing well relayer. Thanks for asking. Keep up the strength. I'm going to the Kiss and Motley Crew concert too Flyerfan.
Scott
Old 04-03-2012, 09:34 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Originally Posted by stillsleeping View Post
I said yep, every one, and told her how I reckon it should be like in conkers, and if you help someone else onto the wagon you should get to add their days to yours too. Whaddya think?

I had to look up conkers interesting so that is what bored brit children do for fun. Hmmmm.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:06 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Scott
This was the last post you made since 2-19-2012....Your day 6...You still sober since then Scott?....If so...Congrats!