Notices

First Valentines day without my sweetie

Old 02-14-2012, 10:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First Valentines day without my sweetie

Alcoholism takes everything, please stay sober today, just for today. here's a letter I wrote this morning to my loved one who is not here anymore because of this disease... no amount of my love and nurturing could make him want to stop drinking once he started again. After 12 years of love the disease won but it can't take away my good memories of the sober years we had together. I wish everyone here sobriety. Alcohol kills, destroys and removes everything in it's path. Pray for my Michael today please...

Dear Michael,

I have missed you these 8 months now more then I've ever missed anything in my life. I loved you so, you are on my mind a great deal today as it's Valentines day. You used to make my valentines days so beautiful and special when you were healthy those many years ago. You showed me a love that i had never known, we were so close and best friends and adored each other. You had to go away and I will never understand. I have to let go and move on now with my life but you will be in my heart forever. When does love die, not when the person dies you love. it goes on, you can't stop it but somehow you get by every day and live on. You are missed dearly, you are loved dearly and you will be in my heart and soul forever my dear Michael. I know you are at peace now but I still struggle, it's not fair, I wish I could hold you and hug you and I had wished for so long to make it all better for you but it wasn't meant to be. Why do I still talk to you and think about you and hurt deeply for my loss? Guess I'm just human and still deeply grieving for my loss. I love you, in case you didn't know that I'm doing okay, I truly am a day at a time. Love you always, your wife.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing that, Mavis. You helped us all.

Best to you

Bob
Old 02-14-2012, 12:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

VERY powerful post! thank you
Old 02-14-2012, 01:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mavis1 View Post
Alcoholism takes everything, please stay sober today, just for today. here's a letter I wrote this morning to my loved one who is not here anymore because of this disease... no amount of my love and nurturing could make him want to stop drinking once he started again. After 12 years of love the disease won but it can't take away my good memories of the sober years we had together. I wish everyone here sobriety. Alcohol kills, destroys and removes everything in it's path. Pray for my Michael today please...

Dear Michael,

I have missed you these 8 months now more then I've ever missed anything in my life. I loved you so, you are on my mind a great deal today as it's Valentines day. You used to make my valentines days so beautiful and special when you were healthy those many years ago. You showed me a love that i had never known, we were so close and best friends and adored each other. You had to go away and I will never understand. I have to let go and move on now with my life but you will be in my heart forever. When does love die, not when the person dies you love. it goes on, you can't stop it but somehow you get by every day and live on. You are missed dearly, you are loved dearly and you will be in my heart and soul forever my dear Michael. I know you are at peace now but I still struggle, it's not fair, I wish I could hold you and hug you and I had wished for so long to make it all better for you but it wasn't meant to be. Why do I still talk to you and think about you and hurt deeply for my loss? Guess I'm just human and still deeply grieving for my loss. I love you, in case you didn't know that I'm doing okay, I truly am a day at a time. Love you always, your wife.
Thank you Mavis for sharing♥****{hugs to you}}}
Old 02-14-2012, 01:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your loss Mavis - but thank you for sharing your letter.

D
Old 02-14-2012, 01:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Mavis- truly sorry for loss. Thank you for taking the time to share this letter with us.

Peace be with you!

Jim
Old 02-14-2012, 07:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thank you Mavis. Prayers for you and Michael. I hope your valentine's day was okay and you took comfort in a good memory of your time with your husband.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Mavis, Happy Valentine's Day
Old 02-14-2012, 08:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your loss. You found the right place to write about it. Can I ask what disease he had? There are some great resources for cancer grief loss. Wish you the best.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Mavis, Happy Valentine's Day
Old 02-15-2012, 08:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mattparadise View Post
Sorry to hear about your loss. You found the right place to write about it. Can I ask what disease he had? There are some great resources for cancer grief loss. Wish you the best.
The disease was alcoholism. this is an alcoholism forum. That is why I posted it here. mavis