Notices

Need advice please.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need advice please.

I quit drinking for a while then I relapsed. I've been drinking Vodka for over 10 years. I drank 2 bottles of wine last night and woke up this morning and threw up a little blood once, so far(bright red). Has anyone ever experience this? If so, what happened? Were u ok? Thanks!
Old 01-19-2012, 08:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Heavy drink eats away at your stomach lining, had a little problem with it. Advice, go to your doctor and have it checked.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back

Please do see a Dr kkw.

We can't give you medical advice but throwing up blood should never be considered normal - go to a Dr, or to the ER, and get checked out ASAP.

Set your mind at rest.

D
Old 01-19-2012, 10:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Actually, alcohol is always bad for health. It is better to avoid drinking. Concern doctor and find the cause of threw up blood once. Sometimes, may be it is some serious. Please try to stop drinking because it is not a life but it can spoil your life.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Please see a doctor. It could be something serious.

Best to you.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

When you see your Doctor, be forthright about your drinking (amounts, frequency, length of abuse) otherwise he/she may not connect the dots and give you a faulty opinion of no use to you.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Throwing up bright red blood, in an alcoholic, is a possible sign of esophageal varicies... one result of alcoholic cirrhosis. It is the cause of many an alcoholic's death.

It may or may not be the case with you. We cannot say.

See a doctor.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Gone In

I had that problem, bright red and dark red. I hated it and I used to try and hold it down so I wouldn't have to see it. It went away when I quit, you need to stop right away. A hole in your esophagus can end up kiling you
Old 01-21-2012, 09:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the advice. I can't afford a Dr or ER visit right now. This happened Thursday and hasn't happened since. I also remember having this happen to me about 5+ yrs ago ( can't remember exactly) even had blood in my stool, but I was naive and didn't do anything about it. I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else before while y'all were drinking in the past. I also don't have anymore symptoms. My stools are normal color. I figured I just threw up blood because I drank on an empty stomach, I dunno. I can try to see if I can get money from my Grandparents tomorrow and go to an Urgent Care in town that's open on Sunday. A hospital would be TOO expensive. If it was REAL serious would I have more symptoms? Thanks again!
Old 01-21-2012, 09:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Free/Low-Cost/Sliding-Scale Clinics

D
Old 01-21-2012, 10:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Closest one is about an hour away, Thanks. I'm going to try to get some money (I think a visit is $100) for an Urgent Care place here in town that's open on Sundays.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Please see a doc there tomorrow, kkw. That's not normal, even on an empty stomach. At the very least you will be able to put your mind at ease, so you can focus on a plan for your recovery. You deserve a life without all that worry and pain.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Please see a doctor asap, even though your mind says you're ok. I hope you find your way to the rooms. Good luck.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I've thrown up blood before due to an inflamed and irritated esophagus from the acid in my puke. Major wake up call.
See your Doctor and please do what I did... quit drinking.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:13 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hooped View Post
I've thrown up blood before due to an inflamed and irritated esophagus from the acid in my puke. Major wake up call.
See your Doctor and please do what I did... quit drinking.
What did your Dr find out? What did he say? Sorry I'm just so scared. One site said its normal to vomit a little blood after a night of heavy drinking and others don't. I'm just confused and scared to hear what the Dr will tell me. And yes I'm quitting. Just scared to hear what the Dr will tell me. This has happened to me before in the past, but I never did anything about it.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:31 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wouldn't trust any site that tells you it's normal kkw - it's not.

There could be any number of reasons kkw - I'm glad you're seeing a Dr - i know it's scary but then at least you'll be able to set your mind at rest

D